Sign in to follow this  
__Andy__

Beige Recaro's...

as title,

whats a fair price for a set of these, not bad condition but passenger side upper bolster is quite worn, will prob need re-connelising or at v worst replacing..

and what is the best thing to clean up grey or cream leather that is filthy?? and i mean filthy!

any help is greatly appreciated..

Regards,

Andy

price would depend on how complete it is with the rest of the cream leather specific parts such as the plastics and parcel shelf etc

its hard to say due to the condition and without seeing them i would price them between £350-£400 as they almost never come up and are desirable for those classic green storm owners who want to upgrade their two front seats. This is assuming they are complete with all the plastic trim etc on the bases

edit just read you have the back seats too then maybe add another £150-200 to the price

well they went for £420 in the end, a fair price i geuss but didnt persue them as once youve added on the shipping from germany then your £420 seats soon turn into £600+.

next question then, what is the best stuff to clean my grey recaro's up with. basically bought them recently and they werent as described. dont know whether to bare with them or sell them on..

use this stuff http://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Leather_Cleaning.htm it really is the dogs danglies at cleaning leather, put it this way if your not happy with the results I WILL personally give you your money back.

i have cleaned some right shitty leather seats using this stuff, and the results are great.

get some pics up of your grey leather recaros.

use this stuff http://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Leather_Cleaning.htm it really is the dogs danglies at cleaning leather, put it this way if your not happy with the results I WILL personally give you your money back.

i have cleaned some right **** leather seats using this stuff, and the results are great.

get some pics up of your grey leather recaros.

im really not sure whether or not i want to keep them or sell them, i think i need to make the decision before i go spending out on cleaning products etc.

if someone offered me good money for them then i geuss id have to let them go..

argh its causing me a right headache!!

yeh trust me i know all about interiors and headaches :(

BUT i dont want you to think i'm telling you what to do, but give them a good clean then make your mind up, if you dont like them when there all clean and fresh you will sell them for loads more than when they are filty.

dirty = £400ish on e-bay

clean and fresh = £600ish on e-bay

or i will give you £300 for them straight away, i will clean them and make £250 for about 2 hours work 8)

think i best keep them and clean them then, i couldnt let them go for that amount.

thing is my parents have a very expensive german leather suite, which came with a complete kit pretty much the same as the first aid kit on the website you posted up and tbh my recaro's havent come up that well. maybe i just need to dedicate a day to getting them all cleaned up.

may even clean them up and stick them in the loft, or worst case scenario re-trim them and keep them..

trust me the cleaner from furniture clinic is nothing like the stuff you get with any suite, my 5k leather suite cleaning stuff didn't even touch my old mans BMW leather, but the stuff i told you about was as good as connolising.

and i was joking about my offer, i couldn't rip anybody off on here :D

so get cleaning!!!!!!!!

trust me the cleaner from furniture clinic is nothing like the stuff you get with any suite, my 5k leather suite cleaning stuff didn't even touch my old mans BMW leather, but the stuff i told you about was as good as connolising.

and i was joking about my offer, i couldn't rip anybody off on here :D

so get cleaning!!!!!!!!

thats ok karl, i know you were joking, i meant i couldnt let them go for the price's you stated ebay might produce :(

if your really that confident about this stuff then ill get it ordered, which products do you suggest i need?

Regards,

Andy

it depends on how much you apply, the more you apply the more of a sheen it produces.

its P easy to use.

it depends on how much you apply, the more you apply the more of a sheen it produces.

its P easy to use.

Probably where I go wrong I like slathering it on with my bare hands :norty:

top tip for the future... believe it or not methalated spirits is awesome for cleaning leather....

it gets rid of everything and i mean everything so make sure you use it lightly and treat the leather with a good moisturizer after ward ...pref a fragrance one as meths is a bit whiffy!!

it is surprising what it shifts though pen etc and how fresh it makes them look.....

top tip for the future... believe it or not methalated spirits is awesome for cleaning leather....

it gets rid of everything and i mean everything so make sure you use it lightly and treat the leather with a good moisturizer after ward ...pref a fragrance one as meths is a bit whiffy!!

it is surprising what it shifts though pen etc and how fresh it makes them look.....

as long as it doesnt damage the leather in any way then i may try this, anyone else done this??

as long as it doesnt damage the leather in any way then i may try this, anyone else done this??

I'd have thought that if you dont watch it it will take the colour out of the leather as well :confused4:

all that meths does is to strip the protective finish off the leather that normally has the dirt on, the actual leather on seats that look dirty is not dirty, but the dirt is ground into the protective finish, giving the seats there dirty look. And as Matt said if your not very very carefull you could take the dye out of the leather using meths.

you could use meths, but you will need a very good spray/paste leather protectant afterwards otherwise the sats will get f****d very quickly.

Andy Read the title of this thread and was about to get Mr. Tyre Iron out to pay you a visit! :tongue:

Stop :camp: ing about!

Just get the durned things cleaned up with the stuff Karl's reccomended, then trial fit them in teh car (10 minutes) and see what you think!

I did have thoughts about outing mine until about 10secs after the last seat went in and my bum went on the seat!

Andy Read the title of this thread and was about to get Mr. Tyre Iron out to pay you a visit! :tongue:

Stop :camp: ing about!

Just get the durned things cleaned up with the stuff Karl's reccomended, then trial fit them in teh car (10 minutes) and see what you think!

I did have thoughts about outing mine until about 10secs after the last seat went in and my bum went on the seat!

cheers jon, im up to about 99.9% about them now, will see how they clean up but ill almost deffinately be keeping them :clap: #

pics will be up as soon as ive got them sorted...