luke w

My 1990 matt black Corrado Valver - New wheels

Little update, purchased some new wheels :)

IMG_0189.jpg

They are Artec Edition L's, 2 piece split rims, 8x17, should look sweet on the car. They need refurbishing as the centres are crackle effect and the rims gloss. Not sure how I'm going to finish them yet, was thinking all matt black with polised bolts, but I do quite like the effect of gloss rims against the matt centres. I am planning on a couple of gloss black details around the car and under the bonnet so it could tie in quite well.

I've also got hold of some red light tint so will be doing the rears all red, and plan to tint the headlamps soon as well. Still not sure about the fogs and indicators, might get some film to match the darkness of the headlamps when they are done, or go all out black, not sure yet. Also on the look out for a late badged grill and a new splitter.

Also need to do a spot of tidying as someone's already caught the drivers side rear arch and bumper slightly, luckly I can spray it myself.

Been refurbing the Artec splits that I got. First of all stripped the crackle paint and rubbed the spokes down.

bfc0f657.jpg

Then gave it a nice coating of gloss black.

6821b565.jpg

I gave the gloss black rims a few new coats of paint as well.

0b018462.jpg

Then with the help of my bro we built them up. Was nerve racking as it was the first time I've ever done this and they are fairly old wheels so we could run into problems, which we did! But luckly my brother was on hand to sort them out.

2a1083bb.jpg

Unfortunately, there are a couple of bolts missing which I'm trying to source and the tyre company sent out one wrong tyre, so I haven't been able to do all 4 wheels yet. But I've got two made up with tyres on so I trial fitted them at the weekend.

Pics are a bit poor as they are from my phone. Old wheels.

7eafc9a4.jpg

New wheels fitted.

d7dea0b2.jpg

537ebfdb.jpg

020e59b4.jpg

0ae4b515.jpg

Unfortunately the wheels are catching on the coilovers slightly front and rear. I picked up 3mm shims but they are still catching so I'm going to try 5mm to see if that works, otherwise I'll have to go bigger. The arches probably need a light roll (hammering in my case) just to make sure the tyre doesn't catch, but overall I think they look awesome on the car.

Re: Lacquering Matt paint

The best paint to lacquer is satin black (which in my opinion gives a better finish). It has a subtle gloss to it and at the same time still has a dull effect. Its very easy to lacquer as i did my paint job myself, lacquer stuck very well