Sign in to follow this  
Stevie B

Where to put my amp

Hi, i have 2 6x9's on my rear shelf and i have an amp which needs fitting to power them. The only thing is i don't really want to screw it into the rear seats, the rear seats have those bars on so i don't think it would sit right anyway. Just wondering if anyone's got any idea's on where i can put it. Any suggestions would be great! :D

Dunno if there might be an issue with cooling/ventilation but you could put it under the rear armrest (if it fits), behind the rear side interior panel or just at the side of the boot but thats not as secure obviously.

Make your self a false floor, put it in there

Make a side panel bx and fit it there

Think i may have to do something like them suggestions. cheers.

Dunno if there might be an issue with cooling/ventilation but you could put it under the rear armrest (if it fits), behind the rear side interior panel or just at the side of the boot but thats not as secure obviously.

Think it may overheat if it's covered up. Think i will have to make some sort of panel box for it. Cheers for the suggestions. :D

I've got my front end running off an amp in the passenger footwell. The carpet isn't dead straight but with mats in it don't really notice. The vent gap doesn't really affect foot space either.