Sign in to follow this  
dub vr6

r32 engine

I am going to do a mk5 r32 engine swop in to my vr can some 1 tell me where i can get the mounts from

cheers

I am going to do a mk5 r32 engine swop in to my vr can some 1 tell me where i can get the mounts from

cheers

you just use the original vr mounts. the only problem comes if you want to keep the original r32 oil cooler; it's bigger than the vr one and fouls the engine mount. there are two ways to get round this - modify the engine mount (not nice at all IMO), or buy a mocal cooler. the mocal sandwich plate is nice and thin and fits in place of the original cooler no problem.

check out "the definitive 24v conversion thread" here - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=33931

you can also check out pics of my conversion in my thread if that helps - viewtopic.php?f=11&t=62901

not sure if it would fit...

quite possibly, but i never even bothered to try. if you drive the car hard for prolonged periods then the oil will get VERY hot! i once saw 136 degrees out of mine after an extended "spirited" journey! :D

better off saving the oil from degrading and prolonging the life of the engine and fitting a mocal IMO (if you will be giving it that sort of abuse obviously)

ok, next question then. where did you get yours from and how much?

haha - i actaully pieced mine together over a couple of months with cheap ebay deals etc, but if you get in touch with g-werks they sell the whole kits for about £120 i think...