Sign in to follow this  
Wendy

Rally Day Booked

At last - getting to drive a Subaru WRX and Mitsubushi Evo :clap: :clap:

Wanted to drive both these for a few years now, so really looking forward to it.

Will be on tarmac and gravel..

Thought it was about time I did a Rally day as not done one for 10 plus years, been doing Track Days of recent years.

Booked for April 11th - Can't Wait :clap:

I did one of these was a good laugh.

'Tutors' were a good bunch and as I turned up in an Evo I think they a) thought I would be able to drive fast. And b) Because of this tried to scare the sh1t out of me at every opportunity :lol:

Quick tip for you a Rally prepped Evo doesnt have ABS. Wondered what the hell the instructor was on about screaming BRAKE at me constantly as we slid towards the barriers? Told him afterwards he needed to be screaming OFF the Brake, Off the Brake :grin:

I got to drive the Evo on tarmac (after breaking the Scooby) and then they had some rally prepped 205's and Novas for the off road stuff. Off road was fun but insane. Guy just kept saying more power, more power. I had my foot to the floor constantly with full lock going around a circular circuit in a dust cloud constantly switching from understeer to opposite lock :nuts:

There was a passenger lap in a Leon Cupra R (sloooooow) and a chance to do a bit of go carting as well.

If you have to choose between the Scooby or the Evo choose the Evo :wink:

And have fun! Woohoo :clap: