Stingray

Interior swap

Hi, does anyone know if it is much trouble to put complete late interior and dash into an early corrado ?

Cheers Jaime.

not that hard, im not sure if you have to play about with any wiring to get the late door cards in butother then that pretty straight forward..

Not too much trouble and can be done in a day. Well it took me a day to do mine :) Give yourself lots of working space, get the doors fully open and away you go. Do a search on here and I'm sure you'll find the info but basically you will need:

Later electric window switch door looms - These unplug inside the A pillar. Or you can chop the ends off your old window switch door looms and graft the new plug ends on.

Later door mirror switch adjuster loom - This unplugs inside the A pillar too. Or chop the end off but the new plug end is not a straight swap for the old as the wires are different. Do a search on here for the wiring diagram.

ABS, HRW, Fog looms - If you are going to use the later dash switches you'll need the looms for them too. Easy to unplug from the fusebox and swap over.

Headlight Loom - I don't think you have to change this as the early one can still be used.

Heater controls - The later rotary dials panel is larger than the early slide control panel. I kept my old slide controls but made up a metal plate to fit behind it so it would fit in the larger hole in the dash.

Late door opening handles - The black plastic handle you pull when inside the car to open the door. The late ones are a different shape to the early ones and will have to be replaced if fitting later door cards.

I think that's it but use the search and you may find something I've missed.

Many thanks, ive got an early grey interior and want to swap it for a late black interior so fingers crossed it wont be to hard. Cheers Jaime.

Exactly what I did, early grey for late black.

It's not hard to do. Just take your time. There are lots of cable ties holding looms in place behind the dash and little hard to get at screws holding the dash in place. And don't forget a 10mm spanner to remove the two bastard nuts from underneath the top of the bulkhead in the area where the wiper controls sit. These two hold the dash against the bulkhead. They're swines to get at.

Ive got now got myself a complete late black interior, has anyone got anymore info / advise on how to swap the heater controls from early sliders to late controls ?

Cheers Jaime.

Not too much trouble and can be done in a day. Well it took me a day to do mine :) Give yourself lots of working space, get the doors fully open and away you go. Do a search on here and I'm sure you'll find the info but basically you will need:

Later electric window switch door looms - These unplug inside the A pillar. Or you can chop the ends off your old window switch door looms and graft the new plug ends on.

Later door mirror switch adjuster loom - This unplugs inside the A pillar too. Or chop the end off but the new plug end is not a straight swap for the old as the wires are different. Do a search on here for the wiring diagram.

ABS, HRW, Fog looms - If you are going to use the later dash switches you'll need the looms for them too. Easy to unplug from the fusebox and swap over.

Headlight Loom - I don't think you have to change this as the early one can still be used.

Heater controls - The later rotary dials panel is larger than the early slide control panel. I kept my old slide controls but made up a metal plate to fit behind it so it would fit in the larger hole in the dash.

Late door opening handles - The black plastic handle you pull when inside the car to open the door. The late ones are a different shape to the early ones and will have to be replaced if fitting later door cards.

I think that's it but use the search and you may find something I've missed.

Rather than trying to trace the looms back and unplug them would it also work if i soldered on the old plugs (im doing a similar conversion)

Ive got now got myself a complete late black interior, has anyone got anymore info / advise on how to swap the heater controls from early sliders to late controls ?

Cheers Jaime.

I will guess and it is just a guess that the main heater box behind the dash is the same for both early and late cars. It's just the controls that are different. If that's true then all you have to do is carefully remove the cables from the cogs on the heater box and replace them with the new round dial controls.

Rather than trying to trace the looms back and unplug them would it also work if i soldered on the old plugs (im doing a similar conversion)

Yes you can. A straight swap for the window switches. The leccy mirror switch will be different though. If you do a search on here you should find info on the loom wires and how it's done.