Sign in to follow this  
Josh Waddi

MIJ Performance - Walsall

Hi People.

Just wondering if anyone has used or heard anything about the sujected company? They have quoted me £264.99 for a CAT Back SS exhaust. This incudes £25 fuel discount due to distance i will be travelling. Also includes fitting and VAT.

(this is for a 1.8 16V)

Seems like a very reasonable offer to me, unless anyone can advise otherwise??

Seems pretty reasonable to me :)

Are they a powerflow agent or independent? Powerflow cover their exhausts under warranty for as long as you own the car and I think they're only £300 for a Corrado.. nice bit of peace of mind for not a lot more cash.

There powerflow from what i can reall. they advised i would get a lifetime garuntee as long as im still the registered owner. Basicaaly what you have said. ive booked it in now whilst ive got the cash. no one has advised of any horror stories so far.

Hey dude, does your car even have a cat? Being a 90 valver I'm not sure it does, so you may as well get them to build it from the downpipe if it has a lifetime guarantee. Its one less section of original pipe to rust!

guy i work with had an exhaust fitted by them about 4 years ago, the only problem was a slight knocking on the rear beam, but they sorted it with no hassle, its slightly louder then a magnex, but other than that its been faultless.

Hey dude, does your car even have a cat? Being a 90 valver I'm not sure it does,

It won't have a Cat but the down pipes are longer so they're the same length as the cat pipes. :wink:

Meaning all Cat-back exhausts fit perfectly whether a Cat was originally fitted or not. 8) Milltek meself :wave:

Hi Guys

Getting a bit confused now. does a 1.8 16V actually have a CAT? i presumed it did but after reading these posts im not too sure now.

Obviously if its not then i can get it from the downpipe as advised, but i will need to let the garage know a.s.a.p

Cheers people.

Hi Guys

Getting a bit confused now. does a 1.8 16V actually have a CAT? i presumed it did but after reading these posts im not too sure now.

Obviously if its not then i can get it from the downpipe as advised, but i will need to let the garage know a.s.a.p

Cheers people.

Your 1.8 16v will definitely not have a CAT mate.

Cheers Matt

Spoke to them and asked for a price on a full system from downpipe. they advised it will be approx £400

Is this reasonabe or not, its jumped up £160!!!

If not does anyone know of any cheaper garages in the nortwest or surrounding areas?

Josh the only dfference will be the exhaust hangers. The 1.8 valvers have hook type hangers and the 2.0 valvers have bar type hangers. This may explain the differnce in price, but £300- 350 seems fairer depending on the exhaust make.

The exhausts themselves will be the same length. The 1.8s have a long down pipe while the 2.0s have a short down pipe together with a seperate Cat section which will make it up to the same length as the 1.8s.

'Cat-back' is used to describe the fact that the down pipe and/or Cat is not included in the system price.

Hope this helps.

Colin

Cheers Colin

Making more sense to me now. Im just going to get the full system as i will only regret it if dont. will post a reply on here when its fitted, let everyone know what i think.

Cheers people.

I'm actually sat in MIJ right now having a new back box fitte to my 1.8 16v - I'll let you know how it is when they've finished it! Service has been pretty good so far. Got to pick exactly the tail pipe and type of sound I was looking for. Will take pictures when I get the car home.

Well, I've got back and I've got to say that the fit and finish is excellent...buuut...its not as "grunty" as I quite hoped. Need to decide whether I'm happy to live with it or whether I need to take it back for something a bit louder.

MIJ itself is OK, not quite the personalised service they had told me about on the phone, and it took 3 hours as apposed to the quoted 2.

Thanks my eskimo friend.

Looks very nice. they quoted me 3 hours for a full system, if they took 3 hours to fit a backbox im thinking mine will take much longer.

Ah well, no horror story to be heard of. will let you know what i think

Well I ummed and ahhed for a few days, but I decided to contact MIJ earlier this week to disucss the fact that the exhaust wasnt as grunty as I wanted it. Went back to today and I've now come away with a PERFECT sounding exhaust - they were really helpful and even added another section of stainless on for no extra cost. So, they come recommended in my book!

Wheels next!

Hi People.

Has the exhaust fitted last thursday, £325 from the bottom of the downpipe. seemed pretty reasonable. thought it may have been too loud at first but it has definatly settled down and i think it sounds amazing now. No issues with the fitting and the only tip which looked decent was the same as Eskimo's.

Thumps up to MIJ Performance :salute:

What size bore did they fit to your system?

Ive now got an Alfa GTV V6 and theyve dropped the bore size from 2.25" OEM to 2" to the front silencer and to my horror 1.75" from the front silencer back to the tailpipe!.

Ive emailed them and just spoken on the phone to Immy and he reckons its because its a free flowing exhaust thats why the bore is narrowed! - what a load of tosh!!!

I then asked him why Novitec and Ragazzon systems are 2.5" all the way through to which he skirted round the question with ' i dont know what they use i just build my systems'...

Ive told them i want it back upto 2 1/4" all the way through otherwise ill remove it and take it back to them for a refund....

I cant remember what size it was to be honest, but i can check, he said it was dependant on how many silencers was on and that they are normally 1/4" smaller as its full flowing stainless. i didnt really get him and i was already down there so i just got it done. i asked him a few questions you would expect him to answer "immy" (apperently the man in charge) but he couldnt really expain any question. overall im happy with the work thats been done and seems a reasonable price but im no mechanic and for all i know he could have screwed me over?? but i have lifetime warrany on the exhaust so if anything ever goes wrong they will sort it out.

Just spotted this thread I had my zaust (VR) fitted at MIJ last year also had a sports cat fitted too and I was very happy with the results. They took 5 hours to fit it (its a long wait) but well worth it. Its never rattled once sounds great with a quiet rumble on tickover building up to a complimentary noise with the engine when giving it some stick. Most of the exhaust components are pre made and are then custom welded in place. Im pleased that you are happy with your system its nice to know that its one part of the car to forget about.