Sign in to follow this  
ebby

What alloys?

please could someone tell me what alloys there are that can be fitted straight onto a C without any modifications i.e. arch work, spacers, etc. ?

bought some borbet A's a bit back but can't afford to fit them due to work needed to be done so going to sell them so interested in any ideas people have

what about the BBS RC's? will they go without much effort?

It's all in the ET. As long as they are between ET 40 and ET 35 and not wider than 8" you shouldn't have a problem as long as you fit corrected sized tyres. I'm sure there must be some other threads that explain this better though.

Nick

...and what brakes you want to run if you're modifying the car at all (or have plans to!)

Basic rules of thumb;

If you've got a 4 cylinder car, you need a set of 4x100 wheels, with a width of between 6.5" and 9" and an offset of between 40 and 20 (lower offset for wider wheels) in a 15, 16 or 17 inch diameter, and these should pretty much fit straight on. Bare in mind that early G60s and early 1.8 16V Corrados have narrower wheel arches, so if you go for a wider wheel, or a lower offset, then you may find that your wheels stick out past the arches... 7.5" wide x 16" diameter with a 30 offset are pretty much perfect in my humble opinion... ;)

If you've got a VR6, then you need a set of 5x100 wheels, with a width of between 6.5" and 9" and an offset of between 45 and 25 (lower offset for wider wheels) in a 15, 16 or 17 inch diameter, and these should pretty much fit straight on.

I ran borbet A's 7.5" front, 9" rear with coilovers no problem. they did scuff arches sometimes but the coilovers were knackered and i live in the country where the roads are naff

cheers people

the wheels i've tried to fit are Borbet A, 5 x100, 9" x 16" onto a VR6 with Koni TA + H&R suspension setup, so not dropped on its arse

the problem is i need to space at the front to clear the brake callipers and then the wheels stick out past the arches

They are ET15 so that's obviously my problem with them sticking out too far

Will have to have a look about and weigh up the options

I think the Borbets will be for sale on here within the next day or so if anyone is interested then keep your eye out in Parts For Sale, all wheels refurbed before my purchase with tyres so hopefully will sell fairly quick, although i reckon i'll lose a bit on what i paid for them

you could just swap the front 9's for 2 x 7.5's, plenty of people would be willing to swap and they should fit fine, could even use the spacers to make them sit right

would that be with tyres Bill? if so which kind and what tread?

With tyres,205-40-17's, fronts are Toyo T1's, light scrubbing from arches but plenty tread, back are Yoko's, possibly Parada, not 100% sure, few mm tread

how much you looking at for them? ball park figure

£450 Posted

cheers...i'll be gettin mine up for sale this week so if they shift and you haven't sold yours before i may be interested