Sign in to follow this  
Ice White Socks

Sunroof Help Needed

Hi,

Need some advice from a sunroof expert... Sunroof refused to close yesterday- looked into it at found one of the bolts holding the sunroof motor on had come out and so it was half hanging off & jumping cogs rather than moving the mechanism (A lesson here is always threadlock the bolts back in if you remove the motor as this motor had been out before).

I have closed using the manual winder but the two sides are misaligned now by maybe a centimetre (one side seems to be just finishing its slide-close whereas the other seems to be just starting the tilt- but the sunroof looks fine from the outside.)

I need to manually re-align them but can't get the inner sunroof panel off because I don't want to force the mechanism to make it tilt on both sides. I had thought of using a small screwdriver and to manually turn the cogs the motor works on and make them both move to maximum tilt- then they will both be aligned (by being on the max tilt stops) and then I'll be laughin. Any ideas on this and any ideas which cogs work which side? (I assume left cog is left side but it would be nice to be sure).

Any comments/ advice welcome- ta