Sign in to follow this  
harin

Thanks CF!

Hey guys and girls,

I've finally finished my Rotrex install on the VR6, it was a long slog since I started in early December and various things got in the way (like the extreme weather we had - the car was on the street!) buts its finally at a stage where I'm happy with the way its running and I should be able to drive it down to Andy @ Storm for the session on the rolling road soon.

When the boxes arrived from Storm in early December (their basic Rotrex kit) I ripped them all open (like a kid on Christmas day...lol) but soon thought to myself that I might have bit off more than I can chew this time. I found the charger, obviously, but also a bunch of various sized pipes, clips, connectors, pulleys and a fuel regulator! I didn't have a clue where anything went and how it all fitted together - basically a big jigsaw puzzle!

So my first stop was this forum, after about 2 hours of solid searching I had downloaded enough pictures to figure out the oil lines routing and and oil cooler and canister placement. So the cycle began, spend a few hours on CF the night before and I was good to go the next day!

It always amazes me how much information this forum holds, think I must have clocked over 5 hours on this forum during the project and that was as much fun as doing the the actual install!

So knowingly or not, most of you guys have probably helped with my install- so a BIG thanks to all! Also must mention Andy @ Storm who was on the other end of the phone when I was completely stuck!

Have attached some pics of the finished install (although its never really finished is it...)

Cheers,

Harin

PS: Would anyone be interested in a Rotrex manual for the Corrado VR6? I've got a fair few pics and its all fresh in my head at the moment!

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfiphone-pics 021.jpg[/attachment:3reeocg5]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfiphone-pics 051.jpg[/attachment:3reeocg5]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfiphone-pics 056.jpg[/attachment:3reeocg5]

iphone-pics 065.jpg[/attachment:3reeocg5]

Good work chap! Good to see another person having a 'go' at DIYing 8)

PS: Would anyone be interested in a Rotrex manual for the Corrado VR6? I've got a fair few pics and its all fresh in my head at the moment!

Hmmm, might well be worth a Wiki article :)

one thing i would move is the rotrex oil container from it's current location, as it's gonna get very very hot there, i see it goes into the oil cooler before going back into the charger, but moving it may get the oil cooler.

did you enjoy grinding the corner of the block :lol:

Bet you cant wait for the remap

As long i get to Reading in one piece!

one thing i would move is the rotrex oil container from it's current location, as it's gonna get very very hot there, i see it goes into the oil cooler before going back into the charger, but moving it may get the oil cooler.

Yep, the engine is getting hotter than usual! I couldn't find any other decent place to mount it - any ideas?

did you enjoy grinding the corner of the block

Yes, it was the best part :) Not done that before so was expecting a lot of sparks! After i finished with the head I got carried away with ugly bits of metal in the engine bay!

Will get the WIKI sorted in the next couple of weeks