Sign in to follow this  
dan

Dans VR Corrado

Looking very nice Dan!

Wasn't too sold on silver on the C but I think yours is a very nice colour indeed!

Any other mods?

I've done a few bits'n'pieces like painted the back number plate surround and messed about with the rear light cluster. I put on clear side repeaters and of course the TT wheels (which I'm not keen on now). I'm looking for a set of Azev C's eventually. Almost forgot the koni coilovers.

I haven't modded the engine yet. Living in Ireland, its hard to get tunners like AMD, etc. And I haven't heard of any rolling roads in Ireland either :) .

Dan,

Hasn't your C been featured in an article in the Sprinter? It certainly looks very familar.. as does the number plate :)

Very nice btw :) :)

Dan,

Hasn't your C been featured in an article in the Sprinter? It certainly looks very familar.. as does the number plate :)

I've seen it on the back cover of one issue.

Dan,

I've seen it on the back cover of one issue.

Yeah, thats right guys,

In that issue I've also wrote a piece on how & where I bought it etc.

Heres a pic from the rear...

Kinda reminds me of a vauxhall callibre.......not sure why tho! lol

Think they look good though!

Kinda reminds me of a vauxhall callibre.......not sure why tho! lol

I see what you mean about the Callibra :) . Its probably cause the picture quality is so c***p. (I hope).

Now, I don't want anybody saying 'they look good' just to be nice. Like I said its only stuck on & totally reversable so I want honesty here guys :D

I think you should leave it how it is Dan it adds a bit of individuality to the back end which can only be a good thing! :D

P.s wheres the exhaust tailpipe you can't see it in the picture!! :?

I think you should leave it how it is Dan it adds a bit of individuality to the back end which can only be a good thing! :D

P.s wheres the exhaust tailpipe you can't see it in the picture!! :?

Its there, its just the picture quality is terrible.

Think you can Ant - is it just dirty? :shock: hehe

I think it looks quite individual (not that the C is a very common car to start with!) and think it looks ok.

dan, Sorry mate in my opinion they look sh*** :!: I would stick with the tinted rear lights,they still look cool 8)

Like the painted number plate surround too.

How long did it take to polish up the manifold :?:

Really tidy looking car :mrgreen:

I think your right too hot,

It took me about five hours on and off over a one week period to sand the manifold. I used wet'n'dry sandpaper and elbow grease to do mine, gradually getting finer. I'd recommend getting a DIY detail sander (much easier on the nerves). I was happy enough with the finish the sandpaper gave but, one day while walking through a hardware shop I spotted a tube of aluminium polish. It comes in a tube (like toothpaste), is easy to apply and brings a real shine to the manifold. I honestly have not touched mine since last Summer and it is still fairly bright (see picture)

Its a mod that costs very little and if you get fed up doing it you can just close the bonnet and drive off. :D

HTH

dan,

Nice motor mate !! thumbs up from me !

As for the rear lenses !! they are different, and their not bad looking, so stick with it.

I was going to ask, when polishing the manifold, did u take it all apart or just with the bonnet up !!

dan,

Nice motor mate !! thumbs up from me !

As for the rear lenses !! they are different, and their not bad looking, so stick with it.

I was going to ask, when polishing the manifold, did u take it all apart or just with the bonnet up !!

Hi arefin76, thanks for your comments 8)

I just sanded & polished what you can see of the manifold with thr bonnet up. I got a couple off knocks on the knuckles when doing the curved bit at the front (arround the dipstick etc.). As for the oil cooler, I did the top and, the front side you can see with the bonnet open.

As for the rear lenses, I think I'll put on the 'crystal' vinyl film (in-pro style) and then put a tint over it. I'm going to do this tommorow.

Dan - NO!

Others: - Dan did a little feature on his car for the Sprinter last summer, and also appeared with Ian on his little trip to the fair isle. Must say, Dan I've put your picture from the one in the Sprinter and put it up on my wall at work, on the nicest Corrado photos I've seen.... however... looks like you need a new digital camera mate ;-)