Sign in to follow this  
jonybravo

thoughts on these alloys

my bro had them on his polo, they look pretty sweet! i think you can get them in 17's too

Love them! 8)

Wanted a set of the Artec PAs myself, but i didnt have the dough for them. I was going to get them from dubmeister.co.uk and for 8x17s they were £168 each and that was without tyres.

What do you reckon to these?

artec_pa.jpg

I think they're wheels, but I could be wrong.... :lol:

yeah i was thinking 8" by 17"

Does anyone know whether these will fit without any arch work.

Also, any idea what offset to get

Thanks all, really appreciate the quick reponses :clap:

offset will depend on suspension and engine style... IE, VR6 will require different offsets from 4cylinder cars due to having a different suspension geometry setup...

What offset are they? you want et35 on an 8 x 17 and you wont have any probs with the arches.

I was about to write almost exactly what you wrote then Zak... :)

2.0 16V is a late body shell, so you can play with the offsets a little more to space 'em out a little more... I reckon a 35 offset on a 8" width will be spot on... 8)

The wheels kinda remind me of some Porsche ones, but a bit flatter faced... I like 'em anyway... 8)

Its been discussed loads of times before and it really comes down to personal choice. Look wise 17's are probably best, 16in is the best compromise between it and the standard wheels but there are so many different factors to take into account like weight, width, tyres, size suspension.

Main thing for me is that if your going for bigger wheels try and get as light as you can. Heavy wide wheels ruin the cars ride and handling.

I've seen some other wheels now,

Kerscher Carmona and they measure 7.5x16 et20

They look spot on, but what is the deal with an et20

Will these fit my ride? I've no problem getting spacers if needed

ET 20 means that they'll stick out too far... you need a higher ET to be able to put spacers on to get it back down to 30/35ish, not a low one like 20...

not unless they're really skinny wheels, or you've done some pretty major arch work!

After many hours of searching and changing my mind, and becoming frustrated with my lack of knowledge regarding offset etc. I've finally decided on these rims.

Based on price (£600 with tyres), weight (only 4.9Kg each) and decent width (8inches) and offest (35) whilst also having the deep dish effect i wanted.

1CAMZCAHZ.jpg

:luvlove: :luvlove: :luvlove:

Welcome to comments, as long as you aren't going to tell me they won't fit my rado :nono:

ET 20 means that they'll stick out too far... you need a higher ET to be able to put spacers on to get it back down to 30/35ish, not a low one like 20...

I run 7.5" wheels with an et20 on the rear and they dont stick out :scratch:

just put a set of these on my rado!

100_0861.jpg

100_0860.jpg

so you get the benefit of my intimate knowledge of them

firstly they don't fit! haha, well not quite. I have a 1.8 valver on coilovers, sitting fairly low as you can see. The fronts go on no problem, not even any rubbing as far as I can tell. However if you are on coils and they are down quite low then they will not fit on the back. ET35 for an 8inch wheel is just too high. You will need to buy spacers for the rear. 5mm was my starting point (as it was quick and cheap), this was enough to clear the coils when stationary but they rubbed around corners :( so I moved up to 15mm FK hubcentrics - no probs and the now ET20 offset gives a stance more fitting to such a wide dished wheel

anyway I love them I think the suit the C very well

btw the pics show the rears non spaced looks even better with the bit of poke.

interesting! I have a 1994 2.0L

I'm assuming I'll have the same problem? Do you think i should just go ahead an order 15mm spacers anyway rather than have the wheels fitted and then have to wait for spacers?

yes definitely get the spacers anyway, as even if you don't actually need them, they vastly improve the stance. and contrary to post earlier in this thread et20 def doesn't stick out too far - in fact it doesn't even quite sit flush with the arches. will try and post some pics in a sec...