Sign in to follow this  
psiburr

The story so far . . . . . . .

hey all :)

bought a 2.0 ltr 8v back in August, 2 previous owners, 75000 miles on the clock with full service history. Loved it but wanted a little more oomph :D

Was offered a fully rebuilt 1.9 ltr G60 transplant with just 6000 miles on it inc G-werks rebuilt stage 5 charger and stage 4 chipped beast.

since then I've added 5 spoke 17" black Rota alloys, 20mm widened at the rear and 15mm front, lowered it on coilovers, sports exhaust, smoked taillights from ARZ tuning, badgeless grill with eyebrows, smoked side repeaters and other stuff i cant remember just now! Would have been much easier and cheaper to just buy a G60 but this is fully to my spec and I know for a fact that it's all 100% sound so no head aches/nasty surprises in store ( aside from the usual G60 quirk's no doubt !! )

heres some pics from start to finish (pics of the transplant to follow some time later)......

Looks nice :)

Personally I wouldn't have gone for such dark alloys on a grey car. Not saying dark alloys is a bad idea but I would have kept them a bit closer to body colour.

It's your car though :salute:

looks good mate, have you got the engine in already or are you gonna be on with it over the next few months etc?

engines in after a string of problems (not least a new loom as the wiring was so different) and it's running sweet as :D

built to 265 bhp /145mph spec but as yet untested, going to start looking for a rolling road in berkshire soon. The only prob could be that it was mapped to a C without the cat (1991) and I'm not sure of the legalities of decatting mine being it's a 1995 :confused4:

had it on the road for a week or so now but still haven't had the opportunity to pitch it against anything worth while but compared to the 2.0 8v it's a BIG diference ! I'm still driving without tunes so I can listen to that charger hum :luvlove:

imo the silver borbets look the nicest - but then i'm not a big fan of the "down and out" thing that some vw people seem to like - up to you :)

also if your car is (i think it's post 1991) then it must have a cat fitted by law, and it goes on the age of the shell, nothing else. so yep - you need a cat to be legal....

what "down and out" thing ? like a hobo ? :lol: silver was my fav too, and arse about the cat :( its a 1995 so had a feeling it was a must but just thought i'd check.

ya think these borbets would fit without rolling the arches ? its lowered about 40-50 ish i think and i had to add 20mm rear 15mm front hub centric spacers which i guess would come off ?

I think legally you dont need a cat but pretty much every car from 91 on will not meet the emissions regs without one.

Nice car by the way. I even quite like the rear lights, normally not a fan.

Down and out - having the V-Dub slammed on some wide deep dish rims i think is generally what it means!

Looks nice tho mate, Im tempted to get me some 16 x 9j Borbet A's myself, however may opt for the 7.5's at the front purely for the rubbing factor...let me know how you get on!

I think legally you dont need a cat but pretty much every car from 91 on will not meet the emissions regs without one.

i was told that even if you could make a car meet the emissions regs without a cat (e.g. putting an r32 into a post '91 car), it's still illegal as you legally have to have a cat on the car (for some bizzare and unknown reason!)

well you get the 7.5s and i'll get the 9s and we can swap 2 each

Lol you serious?? You can buy 2 of each from a couple o' websites. When're you thinking of getting them? I literally bought my 'rado on Weds (check out my post in the newbie section for the spec!), and Ive gotta organise my expenditure for mods...1st of all its getting a full service, having some KW V1's put on and having the tracking done by Stealth!

I've seen them lights before...

Can you post the link to the actual lights on the ARZ website please?? :)

How much did you have to pay incl p&p, and how long was the wait?

found a load of pictures on my phone so time to update my members gallery 8)

looking awsome if i do say so myself !! can't believe i still get a tingle every time I look at my own car almost 2 years on :nuts:

very very nice sir :salute:

what colour is that? onyx metallic?

storm grey 8) Thanks for the compliments. I'm changing a few details, front callipers are red already so back one to be painted to match, I've swapped the grill/eyebrows for a standard grill but with black VW badge and am thinking of adding the red G60 badges to carry the red detail front back and sides :norty: I love the stealth clean look but gotta keep it fresh !