Sign in to follow this  
blitz877

blitz877's 1.8kr project loads of pics!

right i thought id start a thread as the car wont be standard for long, iv not got a camera at the mo but i will get some pics sorted this week for ya.

the base car is a 1.8 16v, so the plans are-

get power up to at least 175bhp,

a pair of webber 45's and fanimold

4 branch and exhaust system

custom matched cams for the carbs

and a good old blueprinting of the engine!

other plans-

strip the interior

polybush everything

sparco buckets

new suspension

and some general love here and there :D

and here is the turd in question

Rado1.jpg

Rado2.jpg

Rado3.jpg

Rado4.jpg

Rado5.jpg

Rado6.jpg

Rado7.jpg

:D :norty:

Look forward to seeing the results. Wouldn't personally bother with the polybushing though.. I don't know many performance Corrado's on here that have deviated from standard bushes cause they work so well. Polybushes seriously comprimise the ride quality without much improvement in terms of handling, etc. And as has often been said, polybushing the rear axle will actually negate / break the Corrado's passive rear wheel steering..

pollybushing is a long way off at the moment, concentrating on the engine for now, iv got some ideas that might even involve a completly different engine layout :norty:

any particular reason for fitting carbs? for more tuning potential I'd have thought full EFI with something like megasquirt would be better, and throttle bodies if it's going to be built for >200bhp. There's a fair few 16v's on over 190bhp with the original K-jet too.

any particular reason for fitting carbs? for more tuning potential I'd have thought full EFI with something like megasquirt would be better, and throttle bodies if it's going to be built for >200bhp. There's a fair few 16v's on over 190bhp with the original K-jet too.

i have a vast experience with carbs and really dont like injection due to the problems with the things and i really dont think you can beat a set of carbs for sound, the k-jet set-up is just a big pile of poo in my eyes if im honest mate,

thaks for your input tho :D

the k-jet set-up is just a big pile of poo in my eyes if im honest mate

I don't think you'll get to many arguments with that statement. Certainly not from me.

Modern EFI systems have developed far beyond the capability of carburettors though. Soundtrack aside, the only reason to use carbs over fuel-injection is a fear of electronics. The scope for (relatively) simple forced-induction with EFI is enough of an attraction in my eyes.

this is the look im aiming for

but without the rubbing strips tho :D

that car has been the inspiration for quite a few fellas on here, most notably g60greeny. its a proper sick look and it sounds like you're up to speed on your engine mods too. :salute:

any pics yet matey?

a little update

iv decided to keep the car for now so the modifications will start next weekend

has anyone done a rwd rado?? if so are there any pics or info on here? i have a plan you see :norty:

for the same money you could buy countless other rwd cars.. sure its worth it?

then it wouldnt be something different would it? the engine i have in mind im sure hasnt ever been in one of these anywho

then it wouldnt be something different would it? the engine i have in mind im sure hasnt ever been in one of these anywho

B-M 6cyl? :scratch:

There's a lass on Vortex who's over here in the UK doing a RWD V8 bi-turbo from memory using Audi bits...

However for all the effort I'd choose 4WD...

B-M 6cyl? :scratch:

no mate, not far off tho :norty:

hopefully ill have the car back home next week when it comes out of storage, its got to be mot'd in a couple of weeks then il get it back on the road and go from there :wave:

right then, got the car home on saturday morning finally but didnt do any work on it until yesterday.

first job was to try and sort out the passenger door as it wouldnt open which was to be a completely gunked up latch mech which took about an hour to get all the crap out of! so withthat sorted i moved on to the door handle which didnt work either! the previous owner had cut off the metal bit of the mechanism that opens the door?? why?? and they'd also canabalised the the metalwork behind the door card!! il get some pics of the damage up later on! next on the list is the rear spoiler and sunroof which both dont work either!

well it went for its first mot for 2yrs but didnt fail on much tho and nothing to expensive either

the failure list-

2xtyres split and leaking air

n/s/r caliper binding

a few bulbs not working

3xbrake pipes corroded

1 brake hose perished

not bad for being stood up for 2 years i suppose :shock:

Sounds like you've got enough things to keep you busy for the time being!

Check out VW Vortex for engines / drivetrains that people have put in a C. Most of the good conversions and drivetrain layouts have been done a while back.

Sounds like you've got enough things to keep you busy for the time being!

Check out VW Vortex for engines / drivetrains that people have put in a C. Most of the good conversions and drivetrain layouts have been done a while back.

well iv got to do something engine wise as its blowing smoke like mad now!! had a chat with someone on here last night so just weighing up options i.e rebuild it with new rings and stuff or spend more money than i can really afford and do a swap?? choices choices :shrug: :bad-words:

I'm same with my engine - it's pretty tired. A full rebuild will be hundreds, probably £500+ (full VAG gasket set is £200!) and I'm thinking of maybe finding a second hand rebuilt engine with SERIOUS documents to prove it and buying that instead. Will hopefully keep costs down!