Sign in to follow this  
charly_vrsexy

Brake calipers- Vw vs Euro car parts debate

hmm i urgently need to get a set of rear brake calipers for my VR6, vw still have the original Lucas calipers for sale, however theyre a lot, is it worth me getting a set from Euro car parts at half the price, althou im not sure on them ake, or is it something that i should defiantely get from VW,please help!!

The ones from ECP are likely to be remanufactured, whereas the VW ones may not be. It doesn't really matter though, IMHO. If you're doing your rear calipers, it's worth getting MK4 Golf ones as they're a superior design and better materials than the MK2/3 Golf ones you'll normally be supplied with for a Corrado. You do need some new brake hoses if you do this though -- search the forum.

The ones from ECP are likely to be remanufactured, whereas the VW ones may not be. It doesn't really matter though, IMHO. If you're doing your rear calipers, it's worth getting MK4 Golf ones as they're a superior design and better materials than the MK2/3 Golf ones you'll normally be supplied with for a Corrado. You do need some new brake hoses if you do this though -- search the forum.

Another vote for the mk 4 items here. Another thing to consider is that they all re-use the original castings (VW ones do) and at the most change the piston and seals. If you can find a friendly place with an ultrasonic bath you will cure most of the common caliper issues and then fit a new seal kit from VW.