Sign in to follow this  
kris99

Wee Puff!

Hi folks, after a wee bit of help.

My supercharged VR6 is going into the garage next week for a bit of a tidy up and service. One thing is though is that a few of my pals have stated that when they are behind me in their cars (which is often :grin: ) the have noticed a wee puff of black smoke come from the exhaust. Not much just a wee puff. This has happened going down a hill, on the overrun and when I floor it. A few have said a strong smell of fuel follows too.

Any ideas what this could be? I have a hole in the exhaust and cat, however got a new one to put on next week. Fueling perhaps? Or am I looking at rings :brickwall:

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Kris

Rings would be oil burning which produces a blueish smoke, sounds like fueling to me. Hole in the exhaust could be messing up the lambda, have you had it remapped? maybe it's got a bit too much fueling in the top end.

Cheers guys,

Yeah the hole is in the back box and there is also one in the cat.

It has had a top end rebuild about six years (20k) ago by Stealth and with the supercharger has had a remap. Although it doesn't feel 280bhp (as the old dyno graphs show). My flatmate is keeping up with me in his 3.0 VR6 which was just dynoed a month ago showing 197bhp!?!?!

Kris

Cheers guys,

Yeah the hole is in the back box and there is also one in the cat.

It has had a top end rebuild about six years (20k) ago by Stealth and with the supercharger has had a remap. Although it doesn't feel 280bhp (as the old dyno graphs show). My flatmate is keeping up with me in his 3.0 VR6 which was just dynoed a month ago showing 197bhp!?!?!

Kris

If there's a hole in the CAT i would have thought it would be messing the Lambda readings up and be running rich. Which will make the car down on power.