Sign in to follow this  
stevej

lupo wipers NOT wiping

Hi did this conversion on my previous C worked a treat.

I have removed a single wiper conversion from my recently purchased C. i had a spare wiper linkage set up / motor form my old valver so i just slotted this into place & put on the lupo wiper arms & blades (part no.s as per the wiki). Problem is that niether blades will sit flush against the windscreen throught their cycle and large parts of the screen dont get cleaned. Its like the spring in the arm isn't strong enough to hold the arm against the windscreen with enough pressure to keep the blade flat against the screen.

anyone has the same issues / solutions :scratch:

cheers

I read somewhere that some of the screens are not fully convex and have "flat spots" in them.if you do a search you might find out which brand this is. I had the same problem when I installed lupo wipers so I just put a bit of a bend on the wiper arms which worked as a temporary fix. I don't like it as now the wiper arm doesn't sit low and flush to the screen. I'm waiting until I respray the car and then I'm replacing my screen. It had a chip it in from when I bought it and now it has cracked.

Paddy

My passenger one did this (I used OE VW Lupo wipers) and I bent the arm very sligthly and it did the trick.