Sign in to follow this  
blitz877

paintcode help needed WITH A PIC

in the boot. There's a sticker on the inside of the rear edge of the boot floor, to the left of the centre of the car. Also contains the options etc on the car.

But..... This question has come up regularly before, you should find answers like this on the search....

Should also be on the inside cover of your service schedule in the owners handbook - if you have it!

Should also be on the inside cover of your service schedule in the owners handbook - if you have it!

I have mine but it isn't in there. Didn't know about the boot thing, I'll be having a look tonight! Thanks!

I know this is an old post, but it may help anyone that finds it via a search, but my suggestion with paint codes is just to phone up your nearest dealer.

In fact I just e-mailed mine from the VW website (the parts counter as they deal with the spray paint) and within half an hour I had a response - all I gave them was the reg.

And a bit more info for an old post...

The colour is also recorded on an orange tab in the engine bay. Tucked away on the wing behind the air filter.

(or it is on my VR, sure it is on my 8v but can't speak for any other engine bays!)

Oh yes, and the boot sticker thingy... for my 8v it isn't on the rear panel but under the boot carpet at about 2 o'clock off the spare, when looking into to boot from outside, if you know what I mean. Which was lucky as with my little bump last year it would be covered with filler now!!