Sign in to follow this  
G60

New bunny, and merry christmas!

i've been quite busy and distracted away from the corrado lately so i haven't been around much! i still try to stop in on company time as much as i can.

my G60 still has electrical problems from a near fire [replace those dodgy ignition switches please] and i'm waiting until i can get the car into a proper workspace before i start tearing it apart.

on the plus side i got my first mk1 on friday. its a 1982 Diesel L - 5 speed, 2 door. it has no rust and original undercoating which is :shock: in canada. i bought it from the 2nd owner who bought that car in 1988 from the original owner in florida.

about a month earlier i bought a 1982 scirocco for a track project (that i DO NOT need but it was a good deal) and the next day a 1986 cabrio for my girlfriend. the rocco is a mk2, the cabby isn't mine, it's my girl's... so the rabbit (golf mk1 to those who haven't figured that out yet) is my first mk1. woo! i love it. great little carl. nothing compared to the corrado in power, but the braking is impressive, the handling (manual rack) is tight and responsive, i feel even more connected with the road feel than in the (power rack) corrado. i put scirocco seats into it so the driving position feels similar to the corrado.

really i just miss the G60.

but the rabbit has it's own appeal. i imagine things will be a bit dfferent with proper suspension, G60 brakes and TD or... TDI :p

i'll snap some pics soon. i really should have asked for a digital camera for xmas.

speaking of... i need to get out of the office and finish my xmas shopping.

have a good one fellas, here's to hoping santa brings us all car parts. :cheers: biggrinsanta.gif

..feel free to say whatever about your mk1/corrado/G60 experiences... i'm thinking if i can find a $1000 G60 swap (they come up now and then) the rabbit might not be a diesel for long.. :D

I had a mk1 for about six years and I'd say it was probably one of the best cars I've ever driven... complete go-kart handling, basic - so no heated mirrors, central locking, electric mirrors etc. to stop working. What a car :D I sold it to a friend so still see it around. The Corrado provides much more of a 'hang on for dear life' experience and I cant help but drive as though I'm late for an accident but ultimately I still need a mk1 to sit along side it on my drive as a bit of a weekend toy... 8)