Sign in to follow this  
timg60

9a 16v weird revving

Hi all. Its not about the c, But the better half has a 9a engine in her cabby 8)

The car ran great when we put the engine in.

After a while we started noticing that the engine sometimes started to hunt wildly from 1000rmp right up to the limiter. Sometimes it would sort its self out if you let her out of gear. And sometimes you had to stop the engine and give her a couple of mins. I thought ISV so have replaced it with a new one. (brand new in the box :shock: ). Now she hunts from 1000rpm to 2000rpm constantly. I cant see any obvious hose leaks. Any =thing else to look for or any one had the same problem thatcan shed some light on it for me. HELP..

Many thanks Tim

having the same problem,

replaced the throttle because of the black box on the underneath might have been causing the problem (i think its called a photonmeter) and it seems to be alot better but still not perfect.

good luck.

Had another search and someone thought a similar problem might be an air mass flow meter or something!

I had a similar problem , changed various parts.....fuel pump , air flow meter , throttle body , throttle potentiometer(the black box at the bottom of the TB).....problem was still there........turned out it was the wiring for the ^^^^^^ was split at the plug......its been great since fixing that