Sign in to follow this  
Johnkerry

HeadLight Adjustment With In-Pro?

Hi, Im having a little trouble with my In-Pros the Lowbeam had been changed to HIDs before i got the car which is great but the problem im having is , with the low beams set right the high beams are way out their focused in a spot 20feet in front of the car ( not much diff then the low beams ) which makes driving in the country a nightmare. I`ve got no experience with these headlights at all.

Is there anyway of adjusting the high and low beam seperatly or adjusting the whole unit to get a better light pattern?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but i just have no idea with this car and i dont want to start messing with it and mess it up completely, any advice would be great.

John and headlight numpty :)

quote="Toad"]Try searching for Angel Eye Adjustment.

Thanks fella ive already tryed that, ive tryed in-pro adjustment, Angel Eye Adjustment, Headlight Adjustment every kind of Adjustment but no joy, or im to dense to see it, all they say about is the Adjustment thum screws and they adjust the whole headlight which is putting my lowbeams out. Can someone please give me an idiots guide. :(

Advanced Search:

Put + marks in front of each word you want, use * marks as a wildcard to try and get round variances in words e.g. inpro, in-pro etc., search only by Exterior forum and return threads rather than posts.

Thanks for the help fella`s i did try all the different sherch options with no luck, so in the end i took the headlights out and found a small adjustment screw in the oposit bottom corner from the thumb screw which i guess ( after stripping the headlight and adjusting the screw while looking ) adjusts left to right swing of the headlight, now ive just got to wait till it gets dark to see if im right.

The reason i couldnt see the screw was because it was tucked down behind the FMIC i just hope i havent put the lowbeams to far out .

Hi, ive just taken the car out for the first time since ive adjusted the headlights now my highbeams seem ok but my lowbeams are way to high, there starting to stress me out now, ive adjusted the beam back down as far as it will go but its just not far enough.

Please if anyone with experience with in-pros could give my some advice i would really appreicte it.

Please dont say use the search because ive tryed that spent hours looking through bits.

I don't know if it's the answer as I've heard of nobody else having similar problems but when I fitted my In-Pros there was no way of adjusting the aim low enough, I screwed the adjusters all the way in but still only lit up trees. In the end I extended the adjusting screws by taking a piece of 10 mm diameter steel bar 20mm long and drilling and tapping it through the centre. I then cut the original adjusting screws and fitted my new extension pieces in with lock nuts on each end. Overall extension of the screws was around 10mm which gave me enough adjustment to get the beam set right.

I can't help with a photo as I'm 4,000 miles away from my C in Saudi until the middle of June but if none of this makes any sense I can do a sketch of what I mean.