Sign in to follow this  
coolrado

Re-coating/Re-colouring Leather?

I picked up the Felicia Fun yesterday and one of the things that needs doing on it is the steering wheel and gearknob need a bit of a refurb, I remember someone mentioning on here a while ago that there was a company that could supply colour matched leather repair kits, I have done a search but i can't seem to find the thread, any ideas what the company was or does this look a bit beyond help?

Cool cheers,

I have just e-mailed them to see if they can do bright yellow as they only seem to show standard leather colours on their gallery.

x2 for furniture clinic. did my US spec dished leather steering wheel with the furniture clinic stuff and it came up like new, i seriously couldnt believe how good it looks.

one thing is though is you have to make sure the surface is totally degreased and any chemicals on it are removed else it wont adhere properly, so get the kit with the leather prep and alcohol cleaner stuff in ans youll be good to go.

also make sure you get the matte finish laquer to go over the dye, makes it look like the leather trim you get on new cars and adds another layer of protection to the colour ;)