Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

Posting a front splitter

Anyone posted the front spoiler / splitter? What did you use to protect it and who did you use?

Just wondering best way to go about it?

Just sent one through royal mail , wrapped in bubble wrap and that brown crepe parcel paper ,no problem .

stu

I tried getting one from GPC last year- they told me not to bother as it's over 5ft once wrapped, so the new postage charges would be over £20!

I tried getting one from GPC last year- they told me not to bother as it's over 5ft once wrapped, so the new postage charges would be over £20!

^^

that's a bit rubbish, anything I post Parcelforce 24 from work, up to 25KG is £5.95

I wouldn't worry much about posting one, they are pretty tough, in fact the only way to break them is to fit them to the front of a C apparently :)

^^

that's a bit rubbish, anything I post Parcelforce 24 from work, up to 25KG is £5.95

I wouldn't worry much about posting one, they are pretty tough, in fact the only way to break them is to fit them to the front of a C apparently :)

Hi David

Out of interest how many parcels a day do you send out to get that rate?

Thanks

Matt

Out of interest how many parcels a day do you send out to get that rate?

Ah, fair point, It's The Open University so I guess our private mail is charged to us at the same rate as the organisation's business post, so I guess we are talking hundreds if not thousands of items a day, most will be normal 1st or 2nd class, but I guess the tracked courier stuff is part of the deal somehow.

I sent a switch to Sweden a few months back, it was about £1.70 air mail which was less than a small recorded packet I sent 20 miles away :cuckoo: