Sign in to follow this  
Jim Bowen

Yes please!! 5.0 BMW Z3

thats been for sale for bloody ages, birds had it for a while but its way to much power for a chassis that can barely handle an m3 engine

They were always planning to put that engine in it sometime down the line, that's why the bay is huuuuuuuge.

I'm sure they've done the maths! They were charging £70k for it when Hartge were initially churning them out.

that car was only ever going to be a one off, like the 5.5 schnitzer z4 roadster, many people have put V8's in z3's and 4's, but why bother when its just essentially a Z8?? it makes no sense at times

I read a mag article about Hartge making them, plus with a proper price made me think that they were churning out a few.

thats been for sale for bloody ages, birds had it for a while but its way to much power for a chassis that can barely handle an m3 engine

That doesn't stop people turboing a Corrado VR6, which can barely handle the standard power :D

The Z3M Coupe is a very different beast to the poncy hairdresser's peice of schitt Z3 and doesn't have the ancient E30 rear axle afaik.... I have no doubt it can handle 400hp in the right hands :D

It's academical anyway as no one in their right mind would pay £65K for a Z3. Rare or not. People that over inflate car prices (and their egos) just because it's rare get on my wick. It's only a BMW, not an E type!

They made almost as many E types as Corrado's....

IMHO the Z3 coupe is a shockingly ugly car, paying that sort of money would be utter madness. Maybe there was a reason they only made the one.

That doesn't stop people turboing a Corrado VR6, which can barely handle the standard power :D

The Z3M Coupe is a very different beast to the poncy hairdresser's peice of schitt Z3 and doesn't have the ancient E30 rear axle afaik.... I have no doubt it can handle 400hp in the right hands :D

It's academical anyway as no one in their right mind would pay £65K for a Z3. Rare or not. People that over inflate car prices (and their egos) just because it's rare get on my wick. It's only a BMW, not an E type!

i think you'll find that it does have the same rear axle as the e30 but its the wide track set up as per e30 m3 :D