Sign in to follow this  
jonybravo

Lowering question

Hi All,

Just had my adjustable springs delivered, when I mentioned to the garage (that are going to fit them), they suggested it would also be worth buying something else, I'm sure they said bushes, but I can't honestly remember.

If anyone knows if that's right can you let me know, it will save me a trip over there

ta

ok great, must be top mounts then (just googled what they do)

found some on ebay, you need them front and back.........correct? :shrug:

Yeah, I would get the the whole lot done whilst you are getting your suspension changed.

the rado is slammed, finally got rid of the tractor ride height, I'll take some snaps of before and after and try to post them :clap:

Yes sorry, I meant adjustable coilovers, sorry was just being lazy when I wrote springs :sleeping:

LOL about the comment re the jack! It did look high didn't it! You could have fit a bus in the gap.

If anyone wants to pick up the same springs, they are here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-COILOVER-VW-C ... m153.l1262

(copy and past in to internet browser)

These guys delivered real quick, and the garage said they are decent quality, still not sure of their brand, I don't even think they are a brand, but they are pretty cheap in comparison to most stuff, and you can tweak the ride height from 20mm to 90mm.

Re- the comment about the rims - yeah they look Ok, but the ones I want are:

1CAMZCAHZ.jpg

Just not gotten round to buying them yet. :nuts:

Yes sorry, I meant adjustable coilovers, sorry was just being lazy when I wrote springs :sleeping:

LOL about the comment re the jack! It did look high didn't it! You could have fit a bus in the gap.

If anyone wants to pick up the same springs, they are here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-COILOVER-VW-C ... m153.l1262

(copy and past in to internet browser)

These guys delivered real quick, and the garage said they are decent quality, still not sure of their brand, I don't even think they are a brand, but they are pretty cheap in comparison to most stuff, and you can tweak the ride height from 20mm to 90mm.

Re- the comment about the rims - yeah they look Ok, but the ones I want are:

1CAMZCAHZ.jpg

Just not gotten round to buying them yet. :nuts:

ah yes you were after them werent you. Yeah they're better :D 8)

Very nice!! I really need to do mine, was just going to get springs though. How's the ride with the coilovers? I have a little girl who's always in the back. Would it be cruel to have her put up with coilovers? I've heard they can be uncomfortable.

Those wheels you want are gorgeous!! I want I want.

Very nice!! I really need to do mine, was just going to get springs though. How's the ride with the coilovers? I have a little girl who's always in the back. Would it be cruel to have her put up with coilovers? I've heard they can be uncomfortable.

Those wheels you want are gorgeous!! I want I want.

Lowering springs on standard shocks wouldnt be advised mate, the shocks wont last long at all.

get them bought, they''l look sweet on a green rado :D

DSC00248.jpg

just noticed on rimstyle they've gone up by £60 since I bought mine :?

I'll be honest, the ride is a bit tougher since the lowering, but I can live with it. Re the comment about putting a little girl in the back........maybe if you put her in a comfortable baby bucket seat she might not notice EVERY single bump in the road :grin:

Yeah I noticed the price had gone up! Bit rude really, perhaps I should get a discount from them due to the advertising I / we are doing (borabob)

Bob, have you done anything else since the last thread on these wheels? Managed to get the spacers on at the back, the nuts had to be shortened though

no not done anything else other than keeping them nice and clean and shiney with lots of wax :D I was tempted to put the 5mm universal spacers on the front but thought if its low and not rubbing why mess with it.

currently trying decide what colour to paint my calipers as those wheels are showing up how manky they are! currently swaying towards gold

GOLD! how funny! I have just pained mine gold, I got some gold engine/caliper paint off the net for cheap, the calipers only needed one coat too! If you want the link to where I bought it from let me know. In fact, I have 3/4 tin left over, where you live? You can have for free :D

That looks so 8) mate.. I too have a massive air gap on my rear arches and if I do keep the raddo I think its got to be slammed...

Nice one :clap:

GOLD! how funny! I have just pained mine gold, I got some gold engine/caliper paint off the net for cheap, the calipers only needed one coat too! If you want the link to where I bought it from let me know. In fact, I have 3/4 tin left over, where you live? You can have for free :D

lol,good job we don't have the same colour C's or we'd have matching motors!

i'm on the south coastin poole so not particularly close to you! thanks for the offer though.link to where you got yours wouldbe great though...