Sign in to follow this  
nmahi

WERID ELECTRIC PROBLEM HELP?****** UPDATE *****

if i turn on my stereo "radio", the dash lights come on? but it i put a cd on it,the dash lights go out?

i also noticed, if u turn the fog lights on, the dash lights go out?

:shrug: VERY CONFUSED!!! gona rip the stereo and see it it fixes the problem.

ANY IDEAS?

Got to be a short circuit or some reverse-feed shenanigans.

Electrics is White-man's magic when it all goes wrong :ignore: , Damn that magic-string!! :lol:

Got to be a short circuit or some reverse-feed shenanigans.

Electrics is White-man's magic when it all goes wrong :ignore: , Damn that magic-string!! :lol:

all due respect......that doesnt help me :?

Have you changed or upgraded anything recently??

no.....well i got led switches....but i believe it was happening before.....theres one thing i noticed which aint rite, looking at it today...the headlight switch has a separate bridged wire from one pin to another.....if you remove it you get no dash lights at all.........which aint factory.....

ELECTRICS AINT MY THING!!!!!! HELPPPPPPP?

not my thing either fella but sounds like something is wired up wrong for sure how about getting an auto electrician out!!

not my thing either fella but sounds like something is wired up wrong for sure how about getting an auto electrician out!!

thanks anyone else?

does the radio have an electric aerial out? that's the only thing I can think would affect the wiring differently with the radio on, perhaps this is connected to the wrong dash wire?

I'd pull the stereo and check/trace each colour of wire feeding to/from it see which are powered with ign on/off and with dash lights on/off (side and dip)

does the radio have an electric aerial out? that's the only thing I can think would affect the wiring differently with the radio on, perhaps this is connected to the wrong dash wire?

I'd pull the stereo and check/trace each colour of wire feeding to/from it see which are powered with ign on/off and with dash lights on/off (side and dip)

yeah thats wat im planning 2mo........my brother thinks is the stereo aswell, im get him to the test lamp out.....When i brought the car the stereo wires were all cut/shut/abuse and raped.....so i tidyed them up and got the stereo working, so i'll undo what have done first and change all the switchs back to normal (LED's at mo) and then work my way around........the only bit thats worrying me is the headlight switch is bridged between two pins.... :shrug: :brickwall: :confused4: :scratch:

i'll work it out.........just takes time......(which i dnt have)

bob

.........seems some before me owning the car by passed the fuse board and bridge a live feed from else where!!!! i hate cowboys!!!!.......so either convert it back (fuse might be FxxKed) or create my own sperate fuse board...........ahh the joys....just want to try the damn thing......esp as the suns shining out 8)

oh and i had two different illumination wires off my stereo, and i had contacted the wrong one - I'll take the hit for that one :wink:

P.S i have burnt out TWO headlight swtichs figuring it out, well the dimmer part burnt out.

.............bob