Sign in to follow this  
cvw74

195x 40 16

I recently tried this size on an 8j rim. the stretch was a little worrying?

Does anyone run this size and would it be safe enough?

I am currently running a 195x45 profile which is sitting a little high but I think

a 205 will be a little too wide

any advice?

thanks

Carl

I used to run 195/45 toyo's on the 8j design 90's and they were the absolute smallest width/ratio i would go. I would have gone wider at the time if i could have...The handling was crap imo.

I sold them to a guy with a vr6 and he had a blow out on the motorway on the way home (they were all recent tyres) Read into that what you will. Id go wider on the 9j borbets if i could (215/40's)

lomeshyrepics11.jpg

Neil.

I used to run 195/45 toyo's on the 8j design 90's and they were the absolute smallest width/ratio i would go. I would have gone wider at the time if i could have...The handling was crap imo.

I sold them to a guy with a vr6 and he had a blow out on the motorway on the way home (they were all recent tyres) Read into that what you will. Id go wider on the 9j borbets if i could (215/40's)

lomeshyrepics11.jpg

Neil.

I'd say you sold them just in time! :D They don't look that bad a stretch.

Neil.

dont feel so bad now that you sold them without offering to me first like i asked if you would ;) :D

The dunlops stretch very nicely imo. 195/40 on a 8j isn't crazy stretch tbh so *should* be safe.