Sign in to follow this  
youngOne

Gearbox mount problem...HELP PLS !!

hi everyone,

well my gearbox mount broke the other day, and sounded like there was a tribal drummer in the engine lol :gag:

anyway i found through AVS a gearbox mount which i ordered and the garage have told me its the wrong one ?!?

Are there different sized gearbox mounts? i know i ordered the 16v version, but its only around a tenner on avs, and garage quaoted me £140 for the part...?! i dont know where else to look, i need it done soon, but bit of a difference between 10 pounds and 140 ha

any help would be greatly appriciated :shrug:

many thanks

Young-One :salute:

I take it you do have a 16v car?

The VR was the only Corrado to get different engine mounts, all the 4 cylinder cars used the same ones.

What you may find is that the garage have found another broken mount, the rear and front engine mounts both use bonded rubber and oil to damp engine vibration, these will be close to the prices quoted by the garage for a genuine VAG item.

Anyway, VAG parts numbers, front engine mount, 357 199 279B, rear engine mount 535 199 262 and gearbox mount 357 199 381 C.

the gearbox mount should look like a flycing saucer: steel disc in the middle with rubber either side. the pics on AVS are normally pretty good.

Hope you get it sorted!

hey thanks for the replies :notworthy:

yup its a 16v

yeah the part number that you listed yan for the gearbox mount is the one which i ordered ! and which is still different?

I have listed a picture, which is what is shown on vw spares. i think that the garage may of found the wrong mount then ? Front engine mount maybe..?! i dont know haha should i replace all the mounts if doing one, or is it the sort of thing thats just replaced when snapped?

Cheeers again :salute:

haha here is the picture....

been up to the garage seen the difference between the broken gearbox mount and the one i bought, which is the one yan quoated the part number for and they are different, the other engine mount he showed me on the car is different one again, i am confused ha :cuckoo:

how about this- ome gearbox mount #3A0199402- VW Corrado/Golf (02A Gearbox) Mount £29.37

looks different to the vws version, but would still fit and is better quality ?

sorry if im sounding simple in the head lol :D

im new to all this ha

cheeeeers :cheers:

EDIT: the mount which is broken is at the front of the engine bay of the righthand side , from what i have read this is the front engine mount, not gearbox mount like garage said ?????????