Sign in to follow this  
Corrado911

Late 3 Position Headlight Switch?

After 14 years of ownership I finally installed OEM working fog lights on my Corrado since Canadian Corrado's never came with real working fog lights. They originally came with dummies from the factory, fake non punched fog light units.

So I installed all OEM parts, wire harness, relay, fog light switch and the fog light units.

The problem I'm having is my fog lights only work when my headlights are off they won't stay on when I turn my headlights on.

My question is do Corrado's that came with fog light originally have a 3 position headlight switch?

Cause my headlight switch is just a 2 position maybe this is why my fog lights and headlights both can't stay on together??

And if that is my problem... anybody selling a mint, working late 3 position headlight switch? Or know of a place I can order one at a reasonable price??

Thanks.

Our fogs, front and rear, work off their own switch and not off the headlight switch. Early switch is a two position rocker whilst late are two separate push buttons in the same switch.

Thanks guys for the reply.

Yes my fog lights work off their own switch to as well as the rear fogs. But they only work when the headlight are off.

Ok so i think American Corrado's have a 3 way position headlight switch.

Thanks again guys!

so how do you define positions then

1)off

2)side lights

3)headlights

or

1)side lights

2)headlights

?????

so how do you define positions then

1)off

2)side lights

3)headlights

or

1)side lights

2)headlights

?????

I'd have to agree, UK spec are 3 position.

1.Off

2.Side Lights

3.Dipped Beam

The fog light switches must be plumbed into the Headlight cabling at some point in UK spec cars, as neither front or rear fogs work with the headlights off.

HTH

it's only a matter of time before i put them back on.

Just had an itch to finally put the fog lights on, i've had them sitting here for 5 years... plus i was bored.