Sign in to follow this  
monVR6

Was standard VR6 suspension softened . . .

Merry Christmas all !

I've heard that later VR6s (mines a '95) had softer suspension set-ups than earlier models meaning that earlier ones are actually better on the handling front!

1) Is this true ?

2) If so, can I fit the older suspension to my 95 model ?

3) Where is the best place to buy this and how much ?

May sound like strange questions, but I'm trying to keep my car relatively standard and don't want a rock-hard suspension set-up.

Thanks all

Merry Christmas all !

I've heard that later VR6s (mines a '95) had softer suspension set-ups than earlier models meaning that earlier ones are actually better on the handling front!

1) Is this true ?

2) If so, can I fit the older suspension to my 95 model ?

3) Where is the best place to buy this and how much ?

May sound like strange questions, but I'm trying to keep my car relatively standard and don't want a rock-hard suspension set-up.

Thanks all

AFAIK

1) all Corrado VR's used the Mk3 Golf's "plus" suspension that was fitted to all the performance versions of the Mk3......if there was any difference between an early VR and a later VR suspension-wise i'm 95% sure its all just down to different damper suppliers

2)if the above is right......then yes :wink:

3)GSF,euro-car-parts and surprise surprise...............VW :wink: they work out to be not-that expensive IIRC

anyway i'll move this into the "common corrado questions" thread :wink:

IIRC the VR6 had about 5 different coil springs fitted to it during it's lifetime. The only way to tell which ones you've got is to look for the little paint spots on the coil itself. I couldn't tell you if they were different in terms of ride height or spring rate, but I know there are many distinct part numbers...

just had a look back to some stuff i saved from the vwpartsclub website........and there were 2 different part no's for the dampers used on the 2.0 16v then for the 95> 16v's they used a different damper.......the 2.0 8v for some bizarre reason shared the same dampers as the VR.....535413031C(fronts) and 1H0513031F(rears) which going by the vwpartsclub info was used from introduction of the VR :? ...............but as there was no listing for springs i would imagine dr matt is right about the 5 different types........in other words very confusing :roll: :wink: .........