Sign in to follow this  
Blown

Intercooler fitting(again)

Hi peeps,hope you all had a good Christmas.

Looking for advice here.

I have been offered an intercooler from a Peugeot 405 diesel and was wondering what,if any,gains would be made by trying to fit it to my Corrado,in place of the original?

I don't think the overall surface area is that much more than the Corrado unit,but I'm considering fitting it right behind the central opening in an RS style bumper so that it gets maximum airflow.

Also are there any other considerations to be taken when fitting,or is it a case of just mounting the coller and plumbing it in?

P.S. the updated site is looking good.Could do with a bit more colour though :D

Thanx in advance. :wink:

hello,

if you want to post up some pics i would be glad to give you some advice on helping you to fit this cooler to your corrado.. :lol:

hello,

if you want to post up some pics i would be glad to give you some advice on helping you to fit this cooler to your corrado.. :lol:

Hi,thanx for the reply.

Sorry I haven't replied sooner but I'm one of the poor Aol users that have'nt been able to use the forum recently. :roll:

Will get pics up asap.

Mate dont do it!

These intercoolers are almost as unefficient as the g60 one, they do appear to have a larger surface but they are designed to run with low boost diesel engines.

If your on a budget then look at volvo, rover 600ti, peugeot 406 HDI turbo intercoolers as they can handle better boost pressures and have got metal ends as opposed to plastic.

Mate dont do it!

These intercoolers are almost as unefficient as the g60 one, they do appear to have a larger surface but they are designed to run with low boost diesel engines.

If your on a budget then look at volvo, rover 600ti, peugeot 406 HDI turbo intercoolers as they can handle better boost pressures and have got metal ends as opposed to plastic.

Thanks for the info Majik. :thumbleft:

Any other ideas on which i/c would fit(without to much hassle as this will be done by me!)