Sign in to follow this  
veedub16v

g60 not firing on all 4

hi guys

today my g60's no1 cylinder decided to stop working. i have been through the ignition system, leads, plugs, cap and rotor. this made no difference. when running you can disconnect the no1 ht lead and it makes no difference to the running. I think theres fuel going to it as with plugs in 2,3,4 and not in 1 i can smell fuel. Also did a compression check and all is fine.

am i missing something? im not that familiar with the g60 yet!

my thoughts are it must be fuel related as ive changed all the ignition bits. ive left the coil as i would have thought if thats broken it would affect all 4 cylinders

You tried pulling the injector out and seeing it if actually working when you turn it over?

nick

Hi mate, check the condition of the injector wiring loom, they take some real abuse heat wise and become brittle/split with age.

Neil.

havent got to the injectors yet, i ran out of light yesterday. there a bit more buried than on the valvers!

cheers riley, ill check that out today

Firstly measure resistance at the injector rail plug (injector loom side) - have a look for Rixy's recent thread which was a similar issue.

have just measured the resistance, its 4.8, which suggests the loom is ok. injector issue then? ill swap two of them over and see what happens

right, ive just swapped over injectors 1 and 2 and now the 2nd cylinders not firing = duff injector :gag:

what would you guys suggest about sorting it. is it worth getting it cleaned or am i better off buying a new one?

for a quick fix, does the g60 have the same injectors as any other car? i might pop down the scrappy to try and find one

You'll need a new one really... they are G60 specific too although some ford use a similar flow rate one that Pitstop used to sell - you'd need to change the 4 though...

G60 ones are about £90 each from VW or £55 from a Bosch dealer (plus VAT)

Maybe take it to a local Bosch place first and see if they can test / fix it