Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

Classic Insurance

A quick Q regarding insurance.

Just taken out a modified car policy with HIC and was speaking to someone about it. They said i should have taken out a classic car policy instead, but i didnt consider it due to me thinking i would be limited to the amount of miles i can do. Now my question is, will i be limited to say 3k a year, or can i still state 13k as my annual mileage on a classic car policy, also can my car still have modifications on a classic car policy?

Thanks

classic car insurance normally dictates that the "classic" car is not your main vehicle so is normally restricted to a mileage limit of well under 10k p/a,i had my 993(with my Storm as my main car on a normal policy) on classic insurance when I first bought it but found the 5k mileage limit too easy to exceed within the 12month period,you'll find also that with classic insurance you cannot amass NCD like you can on a normal policy,it will only amass onto another classic policy,might be better for you to get an agreed valuation policy rather than a classic one tbh

I now have both my Storm and 993 on an Admiral multicar policy,thoI would be better getting them both onto a classic policy as the miles I put on them now are very negligble

Insurance forum ...

Apologies, cheers!

I rang HIC back and they said 7.5K a year. Its also no use to me if you cant get NCD. :(

Im getting agreed evalution with the modified policy too.

with HIC under classic 5k mile cap as its my days off car

£671 with all mods declared

23yrs with a claim made 19months ago

loads of extras including able to drive other peoples cars TPFT

with HIC under classic 5k mile cap as its my days off car

£671 with all mods declared

23yrs with a claim made 19months ago

loads of extras including able to drive other peoples cars TPFT

I didnt go classic in the end but i did go with HIC. £800 with breakdown/recovery, european cover, able to drive other cars TPFT. 26 years 1 conviction no claims in the last 5 years.