Sign in to follow this  
blue95

Forced induction Heat issue

How the hell do all the FI peeps keep the under bonnet temps down? Problem I have is alot of heat build up at the back of the block. When you open the bonnet you can feel the heat on your face big time!

Anyone got any vents fitted or have any suggestions? even contemplating getting my bonnet louvred (Renault 5 turbo style) or getting a carbon bonnet with vents eventually.

Most turbo cars I have ever driven have always had vented bonnets, R5T, RS turbo, cossies etc. I'd rather do something sooner rather than later though as keeping everything under the bonnet cool, can only help with longevity off the engine and all components.

Quick fix would be some ducting from underneath to blast some cold air up there. At least until you get your new bonnet

Looking at cheapo options at the mo, might give that a go as there is a hole where the carbon canister use to go

I used to have a Uno turbo when I was a kid and had the same prob (Runnin way to much boost :wink: ).

I just went down to my local scrappy and ripped some of the corrugated plastic heater ducting from behind the dash of some old bone. Worked a treat