Sign in to follow this  
Finners

Problems starting-Have searched

Brought my Corrado Vr6 just over a week ago so it all very new to me atm.

The Problem i'm having is starting from cold, it will start first time but it takes too long and sort of splutters into life. But from then on idles ok if idle between 500-750rpm is right? and runs fine

I've searched on here and come up with replacing fuel pump relay and fuse done that and its no better, instead of just chucking new parts on i'm hoping telling you the symptoms might help

It struggles to start form cold but almost starts too well when hot and fires up straight away without even seeming to turn over more then once,

read on here about ignition switch being a problem but wouldn't that have trouble starting all the time?

i have a fault code reader and there are no fault codes that show up except for the speed sensor when the engine is switched off

fuel pump was replaced jan 2008

Still have this problem, changed the blue temp sensor today no different

Was going to change spark plugs but havn't got the ht lead removal tool so got to buy that first.

Has anyone got any ideas? Car runs and idles fine so i assume that the coilpack and ISV are ok.

How does the corrado vr6 change the mixture for start up? is there an extra injector or anything like that?

Hi i am brand new to this but i hope i can help . i am having the same problem with my 16v and hav now found out it is the 5th injector at fault but just why i dont yet know but one theory i am working on this week is just what controll the e.c.u has over the 5th injector and if imight need a new one ill keep an eye on this thred as we might just help each other thanks chris

Was going to change spark plugs but havn't got the ht lead removal tool so got to buy that first.

Bust to buy a metal version but a plastic one would have some with the car - you might find it either clipped to the bonnet stay or the jack handle...

If you're having problems warm starting then the first thing to check is that the rad fan and fuel pump are running on after the engine s shut off.

Hi.

Since you've just bought it... i'd suggest starting from the start.... Check static timing, followed by ignition timing, set idle speed to correct value.

stop and start engine under different temp conditions and see if it's ok.... if not then move on to other things.

Cheers.

Hmm Interesting.The G60 is my weekend car and many probs of late.

My 60 will start perfect but then won't start again.. Once a day really.

Pulled the plugs and they are soaked. Change the plugs and she starts.

So today I ordered a Fuel pump retardation relay. As I had to lever the old one out as it had bent pins so maybe its been a problem to previous owner. This stops the pump running on after engine stop. By the looks of the plugs and the smell the bores must be full of fuel. Maybe you could try the Retardation Relay...Bit pricey though near £30 :censored:

Also fitted a new ECU relay just for good measure .

Also when she wont start after a good run Ie. engine hot or warm what ever at times the ISV is click click click in rapid sucession as I try to crank the car. Everythig turns over fine but no effor from the engine to fire. If I leave the key in running position this is where the ISV is rapidly clicking.

Food for thought...

Hi bud.

On my 91 g60 it sits above the main relay bank. Kind of in an add on module that is guarded by a 20amp fuse. Its twice the size of a normal relay with 90 printed on it.

Bascally i'm looking in to the same idea that Supercharged has posted earlier on in the chat..Making sure the fuel pump is not running on whilst engine off.

However for yr VR it may or may not have 1. The technician at the dealers said that he is actually the last person at the dealership to have actual worked on Corrado's. He said that particular retardation relay is only fitted to the PG engine that the 60 has.

He also said that he has worked on G60's with fueling problems and it has more often than not its a damaged ECU.. Usually from jumpstarting the car..

Happy to help

Cheers

Rob

well i still have this problem and so far i've done

new blue temp sensor

new plugs

new leads

new fuel pump relay

new fuel pump fuse

new ECU relay

cleaned ISV

I've vag com'd, theres no error messages. Angle of throttle with no pressure on it is 13.7 degrees

Its just bad cold starting, warm starting is fine. Idles fine and stable

any more ideas? i'm all out

still got this problem.

i've changed the fuel pressure regulator since my last post, which i thought had fixed the problem because on the first attempt of starting it,even after completely de-pressurising the fuel system it fired straight up,

but after the car had sat there all night back to the same problem and has been the same everyday since

so back to the drawing board,

any more suggestions?

read on here about ignition switch being a problem but wouldn't that have trouble starting all the time?

Not necessarily....

Tried the ignition switch today still no better. I'm gutted I've had this problem since two days of ownership and it's stopping me enjoying my car fuly

I'm out of ideas, can anyone suggest anything or a good garage that knows corrado's in the portsmouth area?

Thanks

hi man, in the last week or so ive had major probs starting my 16v i dont no if this will be the same but after wasting alot of money on a new dizzy and coil and ignition swtich and testing injectors etc etc, it turns out that the thermal temp sensor or something just unter the water hose under the dizzy with a brown two prong plug on it was jammed on and putting too much fuel into the engine thus resulting in plug not firing apparently.

it was a pricey part special order from germany costing £78

i duno if this could be your problem as yours is starting eventually it could be stuck closed i dont no im not the greatest! but ya never no if youve tried everything else

sorry it was £68 and the part number is 043906163A if you dont have to then i wunt 70 quid alot haha

My last VR did this- turned out that the foam from the ISV damper (black plastic box behind ISV) had been sucked into one of the ISV hoses. Worth having a look. Also check that those hoses are all in good nick, secure etc. Check out the one that goes from the back of the intake pipe to the ISV damper too. If it's not snug on the intake, it can cause similar probs.

change the fuel filter - quite easy, just need two jubilee clips and a 17mm socket, plus the new filter of course! Nice and cheap and you'll be surprised at the change. Spray some penetrating oil on the filter monuting bolts forst and then crack them off teh next day. Takes about an hour.

GF had the a similar problem with her VR6 it would start after a few tries but slowly got worse and would take more and more tries it turned out to be the piston rings im not saying it definately will be but its a possible

Good luck

Jon