Sign in to follow this  
Mawrick

Is it possible to take down rear axel without removing brake

Can I get down the rear axel without removing brake lines?, seem like some of them are fastened to a bracket on the axel itselfe?,.

Also is the ABS sensor connected on the outside, or do I have to disconnect it inside, under the seats?.

thnx

You'll have to disconnect the brake lines to drop the rear beam. I can't help you with the ABS sensor query unfortunately.

You can take the ABS sensor off either at the hub or under the seat. You'll porbably have to fight the allen bolt a little to get it out of the hub (depends how tight it is. Personally i'd just remove the rear seats and disconnect the plug there and feed it through the hole under the seats, its easy enough to feed them back through once the axle is back on. Your choice really. Obviously depends on what you're doing with the axle as to whether the ABS sensor needs to come off the axle or not.

yea, most likely have to be removed as it's going in to be blasted/painted etc...:)

in which case, take them off at the hub and leave them hanging until its time to refit.

The compensator isnt attached to the beam but the nearside mounting bracket which the beam hangs off, the problem is you cant get the bolt out which goes through that mounting bracket cos the compensator is in the way. I just hacksawed through the bolt and will put the new bolt in the other way (from outside in) the compensator wont come off cos the bolts are high tensile steel and the compensator is alloy and there is a chemical reaction between the two making the compensator impossible to get off (unless you hacksaw through it)..............the abs sensor is also a git to get off the stub axle mine wont move so i just took the stub axle off the beam (4 bolts) .................:D

attachment:1h3aafnr]

Its a crap photo as you can see i tried to drill out the bolts with no success, but it still wont move so just left it.......... :)