Sign in to follow this  
trigger83

my 1st corrado,vr6

heres my baby after she finally got her new wheels on after months of gettin new bolts and spacers there finally on!!!! woo hoo bring on the summer 8)

jesus it took ages,got the tyres put on and tried to get the wheels on but bloody rs's ave got shallow backs so needed to order 15mm spacers just for the front,nightmare. they arrived and tried to fit em but now new slimline bolts i had to order (cos the bloke who re drilled em didnt make em wide enough ) they were to long.after getting em milled down they finally went on after about 2 months of tryin. how ur wagon mate still lovin 9's on the back

[/YouTube]rigger83]jesus it took ages,got the tyres put on and tried to get the wheels on but bloody rs's ave got shallow backs so needed to order 15mm spacers just for the front,nightmare. they arrived and tried to fit em but now new slimline bolts i had to order (cos the bloke who re drilled em didnt make em wide enough ) they were to long.after getting em milled down they finally went on after about 2 months of tryin. how ur wagon mate still lovin 9's on the back

Sounds like you've had little bit of nightmate just to get them to fit. But looking at them it was all worth it 8) they do look sweet.

Yeah still happy with the wheels even the 9s on the rear, all worries have subsided tbh as i've been reading about widewheels and MOTs and Cops - should be ok :D Just bought a set of Toyos for the fronts as i've just got insured on it from 1st May and it'll be in for MOT end of month so im putting a new front set on the fronts.... looking forward to driving it :D

Another think i wanted to ask you with those wheels is, did you run standard wheel bolts with them. Took a look the other day and theres only 17mm of the threaded shaft sticking out the back of the wheel (the whole shaft is 27mm) so ive ordered some slightly longer ones, 35mm.

i had 28mm bolts on the wheels,then the bloody lockin wheel nuts got stuck and had to force em off,this whole thing has been a nightmare really,soooooo happy there on now. hows the new suspension?

i had 28mm bolts on the wheels,then the bloody lockin wheel nuts got stuck and had to force em off,this whole thing has been a nightmare really,soooooo happy there on now. hows the new suspension?

Yeah 28mm are standard. I'll try the longer bolts they're only an extra 7-8mm longer - long enough for piece of mind but dont think they will be too long.

As for the the coilovers. I've not had chance to try it out yet. Car shouldnt have been going back on the road until September, but i just couldnt wait that long. So even getting back on the road to only drive it say once a week, once every 2 week that'll keep me happy until i can drive it everyday :D I'll let you know how the KWs are, they get good ratings on here so im confident.

few more pics,been ages since I did anythin,thought I would put up a few pics of the engine.soon to be riding on lower profile tyres with the essential bit of stretch.

Hehe ...

I've merged the threads Jim - just as you closed the new one.

looks lovely mate, very tidy engine bay. is it inca blue? great colour :) noticed your based in bournemouth too, think theres a few on here now, not seen the car about, where are you located? in westbourne myself. love a rado mini meet sometime!

inca was a '91 only colour... with this being a K plate (93) it'll be aqua blue pearl effect...

Sweet looking car anyway.... 8)

hello mate, im over the other side of christchurch. defo up 4 a mini bournemouth meet sometime,always good to c em about. i think theres a couple of others around on here aswell

i know john aka corozin is i bournemouth and up for a mini meet, saw a lovely rado today too c1 vr6 reg. be good to organise something in the last of the summer! if you want to get in touch mate drop us a pm or ill pm my mob? craig

argh i should be in london next weekend, not sure what time ill be back as may be a bit worse for wear! what times it kick off? if i dont make be good to have mini meet for an hour or so one night?

dunno what time it kicks off,think im gona get there bout 11ish,yeah defo up 4 a bournemouth meet. how bout down the prom at boscombe pier wed nite say 730ish

typically cant make weds mate as i working late tues and weds and have footy thurs :) ill see if i can make it sun, but coming back from london if im a bit squify may hold out there till the hangover goes and is safe to drive back!

john did say hed be happy to have a meet, something about drifing at matchems again?