SteveRobb

Corrado with a towbar?

strange one this but hopefully a compromise can be reached....

I am getting a bit of grief from the missus regards not currently having a car with a towbar. Our current third car (which normally performs the function of taking rubbish to the skip, occasional trailer use etc) is a Corrado. If I can't find a sympathetic way of getting a towbar on a corrado I think I will have to buy another car.

Can you get a towbar to fit that is a) removeable, and b) doesn't require you to cut into the rear bumper?

Steve

Guest Tori1011B

GO 4 it, i think Corrado's look wicked with tow bars on them! ;)

:nuts:

WOW JUST WAIT A SEC. HAS EVERYONE LOST IT, CORRADO.... WITH RUBBISH IN IT?

WAY TO SPECIAL TO BE TAKIN RUBBISH TO THE SKIP AND HAVING A TOWBAR ON IT. U SHOULD JUST SELL IT. :D

WAY TO SPECIAL TO BE TAKIN RUBBISH TO THE SKIP AND HAVING A TOWBAR ON IT. U SHOULD JUST SELL IT. :D

It might come to that yet.... cos it's hard to justify having 4 cars. It would be a pity as I do like the G60.

Steve

It might come to that yet.... cos it's hard to justify having 4 cars. It would be a pity as I do like the G60.

Steve

Keep the Corrado and put the tow bar on the Porsche :lol:

Steve

Keep the Corrado and put the tow bar on the Porsche :lol:

Funny thing is the wife's car is a Q7 but she won't let me put rubbish in the back cos of the apparent smell and mess it makes...... Don't really want to put a towbar on it either as it's pretty unsightly and we are probably going to be changing her car in the next 6 months. :scratch:

and you thought you were getting grief about taking junk to the tip in the corrado before you said you had a Q7 that was designed for the job??!!

Get a towbar fitted. :) Immense bits of kit. I've got one and everything.

you can get them. my 1st C had one fitted by my Dad. Lat time I looked for it I couldnt find it but hunt on if thats what you want co they do exist.......

You can make one of these and she'll really regret it! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DSC00086.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

well that pic of the corrado with the trailor, i think it actually looks fairly discreet on it. and the trailor is cool. i was going to do that with :wink: a old beetle for my 1972 camper but just aint got round to it.

I happen to have a Corrado tow-bar that I bought from here and have never fitted... As far as I remember you don't have to cut the bumper to fit it, and I was going to modify it so you could remove the ball and arm behind the bumper so that it would be hidden until required like most of the kits for new cars are...

I'll have a dig in my parents cellar (where I think it is currently hiding ;) ) to see if I can find it... I'd be after £45 for it, although you'd have to come get it, or arrange a courier 'cos it's not exactly light!

i had a rear bumper iron with a towbar on it for a corrado, apparently a previous owner used to take his rear bumper off and just put this on when he wanted to use the towbar.

i coulnt give it away on here and ended up throwing it in the skip

They used to, but it's now obselete....

...and cost £845.00!!

£845 , rare and obselete :shock: :clap: whats that make mine worth :scratch:

I know I know, there is a reason why they are rare :p :camp:

DSC00265.jpg

you can get them. my 1st C had one fitted by my Dad. Lat time I looked for it I couldnt find it but hunt on if thats what you want co they do exist.......

It's in the garage! :shock:

Old thread revival.

Wondering if any of you chaps have the original VAG tow bar hitch wiring/electrics?

Cheers,

_Anton

Hi Anton. Funnily enough, I do. Genuine original equipment kit distributed by Votex GmbH with electrics, removable hitch, and everything.

The guy I bought it off says it had never been fitted (and its condition supports that) and I've never fitted it either.

It's for sale if you want to make me an offer?