Sign in to follow this  
g60rc

Rear speaker replacement/upgrading....

I'm clueless on "ice" so can anyone tell me what size and/or type of speaker i need for the rear parcel shelf support ones? Mine distort when you turn it up, so would like some others... something that will withstand being loud for a while..

Cheers

YThanks mate, so they're 6x4's in the back parcel shelf supports, by the suspension turrets?

yep 6x4 think there might be slight mod to the plastic to get the bigger magnets to fit not sure though

It's a pretty fruitless exercise spending much money on replacement speakers for the 6x4's in the parcel shelf supports.. I bought some £100 Lanzar Neo's (second hand - didn't pay anything like that for em!) and they sound no better than the standard ones. Nice and clear yes, but terrible with any kind of bass.

The only way round it is to either amplify them (which I haven't done) or as others have said endlessly, spend the money on improving the sound up front and just chuck out the 6x4's in the back. Optimal setup seems to be Audioscape pods with some decent component speakers (amplified) up front and a subwoofer in the back.

Balls, so will new 6x4's distort aswell then? I don't want to go loud loud, just so i can turn it up and not hear the old rear speakers making a terrible noise. I'm not a huge bass fan, i just get around the noise of the duff speakers by turning the bass down, but i'd like to have more than i do... if that makes sense?

thats kinda wat im after just a few more notches up with out major problems and i will be happy really dont want amps and subs eva again

buy a 2nd hand parcel shelf with holes allready in and put 6 x 9 in em, as Jim said 6x4 = useless

Ignore the back altogether - what's the point when you sit in the front?

Get some decent components in Audioscape pods and just use the 6x4's in the back for a bit of fill.