Sign in to follow this  
Toad

Engine number - Year and code?

I think I've found an engine number on my VR 11207996

Can anyone tell me where to find out what engine code and year it is? I assume I can do this on ETKA?

Cheers.

the engine code on my 16v is found in the boot of all places :lol: its on a code sheet there telling me all

Yeah, I know where to find the code of the engine that should be int he car, but this one isn't the original....

The engine code for a VR should be in the fomat of ABV (2.9) followed by six numerical digits

The engine code for a VR should be in the fomat of ABV (2.9) followed by six numerical digits

The above numbers are all I could decifer from the end of the head... I'll take a better look tomorrow when I give it a good clean.

Head code is no god mate, they are all jibberish unless anyone has a copy of the parts catalogue from 1994.

The code is on the pulley end of the block around the same height as the alt pulley but furthur back, the 2.9 VR should start with ABV letter code (AAA for 2.8) and have 6 digits after it (as beigey has said) the ABV codes start at 001462 and go up to 018370 for original corrado engines.

As your VR is a 94 model (IIRC) then it should be in the 011802-014927 range of ABV engine codes.

Good point.... It is off the head. I'll have to snuffle around her a bit more. :(