Sign in to follow this  
carter711

AP Coilovers, anyone got them?

Hi,

I beed to get my Corrado lowered, badly.

I've seen that you can buy AP coileys for about £330 which is very good value for money if they are are any good!

Has anyone had any experience of them?

Thanks!

v good on my passat for a comfortable ride - not as tight as the wietec ones i have on the corrado, better suited for a more comfy ride than handling - has made the passat handle better but it wasnt hard!

Also worth mentioning after about 20k in less than a year these have got even softer and now tend to bounce a little.

I've keep saving a spend a little more on some witec hicon gt's - i did

Suspension discussion thread:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=39334

And a link to a very similar discussion on the cheaper end of the market:

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=79630

I'd reiterate my advice: save up and get better setup. Suspension is kinda important so do it once and do it properly :)

Neither of the links have any information regarding AP coileys which is why I started a new thread.

Thanks for the advice though, I'm going to go with Weitecs. 8)

Cheers.

I have some on my '95 16v. had them nearly 6 months now and really pleased with them, plenty of drop and the ride is no worse than before (had koni t/a's and h&r springs before)

Only issue that could maybe be related to them is that the front right creaks, despite having replaced the top mounts, wishbone bushes and ball joints. Hoping its the rear engine mount as i can't think of anything else!

It's not back on the road yet, getting other things done at the same time, brakes and engine work. Hopefully early next week.

Got them on at last, first drive on them today. Height is currently set at around 62cm all round to begin with. At low speed they are suprisingly comfortable, even more so than the Koni TA's with standard springs where i was contsantly avoiding potholes and rough patches of road. At higher speed car is far more stable than before with less body roll, diving under braking and rising on acceleration. Overall much improvement over previous setup and would recommend to anyone looking for a more smoother ride on coilovers with the bonus that they are less expensive than most. Time will tell whether they last as long though, but they are German made :D

Think ill be getting some of these. All im after is comfort and adjustable height.

Where is the best/cheapest place to buy these from???

There's not much difference in price between companies but I got mine from G-Werks. Just over a week delivery direct from factory.

Got some of these, they are on and i am very pleased with the ride. Very comfortable indeed, i have gone from standard suspension on 15" speedlines to these coilovers on 17" wheels. I was expecting the ride to be harsh, not at all, Well pleased with them! :clap: :clap: