Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

Paypal - avoiding fees

Just thought I'd post this screen shot up of how to avoid Paypal fees when sending money to others.

If you click on the personal tab then you get the option of 'Personal payment owed' which is quite handy if you just owe some cash to someone.

It can also be used for buying stuff off here etc but you will need to PM your address as they recipient won't get it via Paypal

NOTE - I would advise people to do this only with people they trust and have maybe bought items from before and obviously look at post counts / reputation etc as obviously Paypal will not uphold any claims etc.

so what if you send it as 'gift' ?

Same deal

And lets be honest unless you are buying in ebay with paypal there is bugger all buyer protection offered by them anyway. So I would personaly do all my transactions like this no matter who it is.....

Yup, 'gift' is as free transfer too (as long as the amount transferred is taken from a bank account balance and not a nominated debit/credit card). It does take a few days to transfer though!

Will only let you a certain amount though.. I was usuing this a little while agao, and suddenly it started adding P-Pal fees onto the amounts...

Seems to have re-set now though... last 2 have been at no fee...

when i choose "gift" it asks who will pay the fee's, me or the recipient

It will automatically (with my account anyway) try to take the money from my debit card. I have to go in and select the funding source as my actual bank account. This changes the transfer to an E-cheque which should be free.