Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

Turning Japanese

OK so the pull of a reliable un-modded daily's dragging me in...

But it has to be something I won't spend money on.. so been leafing through options and come up with....

Honda Accord Aerodeck.... "Later" one (Post 2003?) Big, comfortable, toys, bullet-proof...

Any one got any real-life opinions? apart from :fondle: :camp: etc...

Or was tehre ever a 4-door Type-R? :grin:

budget?

Cheap! :lol: couple grand I guess.. This will after all be a "London Car"...so will get banged up! :censored:

Was also thinking Avensis, but couldn't deal with being flagged down as a "minicab" all the time! :lol:

Can get nice Merc estates for £1,500 these days. My old man bought a 1997 C240 with leather, aircon, cruise control. Nice drive, nice and quick but not too horrendous on fuel and obviously pretty practical! :) It's done 120k and it runs perfectly.

Why the Honda obsession?

But it has to be something I won't spend money on.. so Big, comfortable, toys, bullet-proof...

Jim, in E-London... Mercs grow legs overnight! That or generally sit at the side of the road with a police car (or 2) behind them.. if you get my drift?

so Big, comfortable, toys, bullet-proof...

Shame cause it'd tick all those boxes effortlessly! :( I adore my W124 200TE already!

He did openly say any Japanese car.

So... 2 door integra?

or a Civic R?

or a cheapo :luvlove:

Jims right though; mercs can be cheap. You can alarm them. Simple.

However, with age, any car, eletrics are about the biggest bug-bare of mine; i'd buy simple. Motors tend to last.

Jim, I'd love an 80's merc Station-wagon... but I'd end up spending on it... Wheels and Air-ride probably! boom there goes £2500 :lol:

Stuart... funny.... no thrashed V-Tecs (so Shivics out), and would perefer 4-door and estate, hence the Aero-deck...

so Big, comfortable, toys, bullet-proof...

Shame cause it'd tick all those boxes effortlessly! :( I adore my W124 200TE already!

W124's are generally regarded as the best of all the E-class's ,Ive just had my W211 E280 CDI for just under 1 year(55 plate/29k miles when i bought it end of May 08) and have done 51k miles in it(so sitting on 80k),and aside from tyres,wear and tear service items have only needed to replace an auxillary Battery and 2 glowplugs

ok so you need it to have

bullet proof reliability

non german origin

low desirabiliy to thieves

plenty of room

ability to get over east londons mountainous pot holes...

theres only one car for the job surely?

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/LADA/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-240-4294885829/advert.action?R=200918333512379&distance=119&postcode=mk40+4gb&channel=CARS&make=LADA&model=&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=1997&vehicleRegLetter=P

But it has to be something I won't spend money on.. so been leafing through options and come up with....

Loser! :D

Jon's new whip....

ricer_civic_1.jpg

:epicfail:

bullet proof reliability

non german origin

plenty of room

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/cars/LADA/Ne-2-4-5-6-7-8-27-44-49-53-61-64-67-103-133-146-236,N-240-4294885829/advert.action?R=200918333512379&distance=119&postcode=mk40+4gb&channel=CARS&make=LADA&model=&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=&vehicleYearOfManufacture=1997&vehicleRegLetter=P

Painted in Kenyan colours yeah Baby!

Loser! :D

Jon's new whip....

ricer_civic_1.jpg

:epicfail:

Jim :ignore: That was only when "Sir" Tim -Da Big dawg - Westwood (Hola!) was round ma Crib, boyeeeeeeee!

*Sensible post alert*

I drive a '54 Honda Accord 2.2CDTi estate for work and it's surprisingly nippy! It's the base model but its still fully loaded - half leather/half alcantara seats, climate control, dual heating controls, alloys, etc. It's a good looking car with a nice, comfortable drive and very spacious :thumbleft:

bullet proof reliability

non german origin

plenty of room

To be fair this will still be running in another 20 years so certainlydoes fulfil that requirement....

how about a Petrol Lupo, nippy in the city, EASY to find a small parking space for it, good on fuel, cheap bits (Arosa even cheaper) etc etc. Ford Ka, Toyota yaris etc....

2000 plate Accord Type R, can be had for very cheap these days and is seen as one of the best front handling saloons ever made.

I would look at Integra's, but they confuse me, let me explain. They're more costly than a civic equivilant, and ALOT more costly than a prelude, which i find confusing as they're both Honda coupes with similar performance, yet a 2001 plate Integra is like £11k, and an 01 plate prelude is like £3k?!?!

if you really want low running costs and a car no one'll nick what about a 1.0 k12 micra? cheap to insure as well!

a few hundred bags you a car with 50k on the clock! :shock: hardly a classic but check out autotrader

I much preferred your last suggestion Andy! :p

....or you could get a Focus and join the gang :ignore:

Rather shove wasps you your ass TBH Josh! :lol:

Andy you know the area, a Micra's not going to cut it round here, need a mid-sizer, capable of eating miles to and from my parents house, and also occasional trips to DK as well... Honda Accord's looking appealing... and I quite like the styling of the "Late" estates... big and boxy!

However "'er in doors" keeps pointing at MK5 golfs... because of the "pretty rear lights" :brickwall: So maybe a Bora Se/Sport TDI 130???

2000 plate Accord Type R, can be had for very cheap these days and is seen as one of the best front handling saloons ever made.

I would look at Integra's, but they confuse me, let me explain. They're more costly than a civic equivilant, and ALOT more costly than a prelude, which i find confusing as they're both Honda coupes with similar performance, yet a 2001 plate Integra is like £11k, and an 01 plate prelude is like £3k?!?!

Theres a big difference between the integra and civic/prelude. Its a proper focused track car and will run rings round the other 2.

Hugely different cars.. the Integra is what the other 2 want to be when they grow up... i.e. when someone goes and spends a good few thousand on modding them up to make a decent car.