Sign in to follow this  
pumbaa

Heated Leather

My valver came with black leather seats that were retro fitted (grey plastics with black leather was the main give away). I've heard along the grapevine that all C leather is heated and all i need is the loom and switches to get it going.

Does anyone know if this is true?

And if not, how would i go about finding out if my seats can be heated?

Thanks in advance,

Kunaal

I could be wrong as this is just from memory but not all C leather is heated. A lot of it is though - mainly the later spec leathers. Can't comment what early leather was heated (if any).

You may actually be able to tell just by making sure the seat is in the full up-right position (sound like an air steward!) and having a feel around, but I can't remember how much clearance there is on standard seats so removal may be the way forward.

............Dead easy to remove either seat - undo the allen bolt in the middle of the front side of the seat (this stops the seat going too far back off the runners). Remove the 2 plastic covers on the seat guide rails and slide the seat out towards the back of the car.

Most early seats have no heating. I've only seen a few on here that are.

As VR6 says, raise the seat to the highest position and feel the seat base from underneath. Go in from the rear. You will feel a plug end attached to the seat base if they are heated. Or get your head down low and have a look with a torch.

I read that early and late heated seats use different plug ends under the seats but I don't know if that's true. They certainly use different switches in the dash. Expect to pay £100 for a loom with the two relays and the dash switch. And a loom from a MK3 Golf won't fit.