Sign in to follow this  
til2143

Got me an 8V at last...

Wow, good work :)

and thanks for the advice on the handbrake grip, lol.

No worries Pat, i take it you got sorted

Yup, all sorted. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to give it a proper exterior clean since I got it but I hope to get it close to your level soon :D

Had a wee problem with the 8v that i got sorted today :clap: , it was a slight hesitation when giving it the rev after changing gear and was wrecking my head, i got a coil from GSF and fitted it and it sorted my problem :D , my old mk3 GTI used to do the same and i never figured it out, any 8v owners might know what im talking about!

Right lads a bit of an update on the oul 8v

DSC02463.jpg

Old worn drivers seat lower bolster

DSC02466.jpg

Big difference

DSC02554.jpg

Tinted rears from empire graphics, and colour coded badges, also painted rear bumper and back pannel to freshen them up

DSC02555.jpg

Clear repeaters and new 90 mm splitter

DSC02560.jpg

Also bought a set of 16" BBS RCs, cant wait to get them on :D

Well i thought it was about time for an update, i fitted the RCs for a few weeks, they looked well but i didnt like the handling of the car with them on so i sold them, the plan now is to convert the car to 5 stud and run it on speedlines which i love :) , so the car is on axle stands at the minute with the axle removed, ive blasted and painted the axle and fitted axle bushings today, ive also got spacers made up to space the rear axle out 13mm either side to have it the same as the VR one, ill get more pics up soon but here is a few

DSC02645.jpg

Speedline trial fitted

DSC02669.jpg

Axle painted (bad pic)

DSC02664.jpg

Few bits painted

DSC02674.jpg

DSC02673.jpg

Some rusty spots that i have to see to

I've been looking for a commuter car for a while now, and forgot about the 8v, I think you've got a really nice car there pal, nice one :D

loving the 8v i remeber back in the day when i had an 8v gti mk2 was ssoooo good on fuel bet your loving it need to find a way to turn off 2 pistons on the vr6 when in cruz mode!

looks lovley on the speedlines btw

I'm always well impressed with the speed and quality of the work ppl manage on this forum. Puts me to shame :(

Good job mate!!

I've been looking for a commuter car for a while now, and forgot about the 8v, I think you've got a really nice car there pal, nice one :D

Thanks Kip, still lots to do yet tho, id defo recomend an 8v for a commuter, they can be bought very reasonable now too

loving the 8v i remeber back in the day when i had an 8v gti mk2 was ssoooo good on fuel bet your loving it need to find a way to turn off 2 pistons on the vr6 when in cruz mode!

looks lovley on the speedlines btw

:D ya its good on petrol alright, hard to beat the VR when you put the foot down tho :D

I'm always well impressed with the speed and quality of the work ppl manage on this forum. Puts me to shame :(

Good job mate!!

I agree, there is some serious workmanship put in on this forum, thats where i try and get motivation from :lol:

looks superb mate :salute: like the rear lights, i got the same after seeing them on your vr6

terry

Cheers Terry, Ive had them on a few cars now and have had no bother with them, how do you find them?

looks superb mate :salute: like the rear lights, i got the same after seeing them on your vr6

terry

Cheers Terry, Ive had them on a few cars now and have had no bother with them, how do you find them?

I really like them they look oem and flash orange if only the edges were easier :lol:

terry

I really like them they look oem and flash orange if only the edges were easier :lol:

The corners really test the paitence alright but worth it in the end :)

Have been doing some work to the 8v lately as it has been lying on axle stands for too long :( when i removed the axle i found a fair bit or rust so i started treating it

DSC02680.jpg

The dreaded rust

DSC02691.jpg

Ground down

DSC02704.jpg

Rust treatment applied

DSC02742.jpg

Etch primed

DSC02763.jpg

3 coats of primer and some seam sealer

DSC02752.jpg

Mkiv calipers powder coated with new seals

DSC02750.jpg

Some powder coated bits

DSC02732.jpg

DSC02733.jpg

DSC02735.jpg

Bumper carrier refitted

DSC02749.jpg

New brake pipes

DSC02746.jpg

More new bits n bobs

DSC02747.jpg

New bushings fitted

DSC02791.jpg

Axle in place

DSC02792.jpg

Thats all for now, more soon :D

Wow! Its gonna be great when you've finished replacing all you can :D

Looking forward to seeing more!

Cheers, lots to do yet, its hard to know where to stop :D

Wow! Its gonna be great when you've finished replacing all you can :D

Looking forward to seeing more!

Cheers, lots to do yet, its hard to know where to stop :D

ah roll with it, mate roll with it.... whilst you have the enthusiasm and motivation! :D

A small update, got the axle all torqued up, brake discs and calipers fitted and all bled twice. it was great to get it out as it was in the garage for about 4 months :D

DSC02800.jpg

DSC02804.jpg

Gotta love silver, four months of dust and it still looks clean :D

DSC02805.jpg

DSC02806.jpg

DSC02807.jpg

I have my new Milltek cat back comming next monday, cant wait, also dont know wheather to fit sebrings or get adapters and fit speedlines, all opinions welcome.

Gonna drive it for a while now and then tackle the front section

That's looking really good mate- shame the brakes etc don't stay like that for long! Westwoods are growing on me 8)

That's looking really good mate- shame the brakes etc don't stay like that for long! Westwoods are growing on me 8)

Really like my Westwoods too, even more after a refurb with new centre caps:

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfCorrado March 2010 after clean and new bits fitted 003.jpg[/attachment:33mfry1h]

Corrado March 2010 after clean and new bits fitted 004.jpg[/attachment:33mfry1h]

Ian. :D

Really like my Westwoods too, even more after a refurb with new centre caps:

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfCorrado March 2010 after clean and new bits fitted 003.jpg[/attachment:3upvn0zm]

Corrado March 2010 after clean and new bits fitted 004.jpg[/attachment:3upvn0zm]

Ian. :D

They do look nice Ian, i like them too but they sit in far too much, have you yours spaced out? any pics of the whole car with the westwoods?