8vMatt

My Rado,VR6 Mystic Blue. Going VEGE diet....

Hi all,

After an age trying to get my camera working with the laptop, I'm now able to put up a few pics of my Rado.

This is my first VR6 Rado, its a great car!

A few pics of how I picked it up-

IMG_1644.jpg

IMG_1645.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1651.jpg

Spec as when I bought it includes 17" RH Cups, Audi S3 leather front seats, a cone filter and an engine chip (10bhp). It has at some point been resprayed Mystic Blue which personally I think looks gorgeous.

I have a few plans for things but pennies have put a hold on things for a while

So at least I was able to have a wash and polish, that was free

IMG_1652.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

Having a go at cleaning the roof lining-

IMG_1659.jpg

Had to spend out on 2 new front tyres and have just discovered a small water leak on the front of the engine, that means a chance to play and strip the front of the car down That will be the weekend after next so I'll get a few pics of progress.

Any thoughts or comments are very welcome plus ideas for mods (within reason!)

Thanks all, Matt.

Edited by 8vMatt

Is that definitely Mystic Blue? Looks very similar to Aqua Blue Pearl but very difficult to tell.

Still, looks superb all the same!!

Thanks for the kind comment VR6,

The paint code label in the boot had LC5L in pen over the top of LC5M printed.

Isn't LC5L paint code Mystic Blue?

If so, thats my colour. Doesn't really matter as it looks lush when clean and in the sunlight. You can see purple in some lights as well.

Its the nearest I'm getting to a Storm for a long while :D

LC5L is Mystic Blue but two people with Aqua Blue Pearl cars think it looks extremely like their colour :) The paint code's not a million miles from LC5U which is ABP.

Unless it's been resprayed it'll be Aqua Blue Pearl - Mystic Blue was, apparently, only a Storm colour.

Jim,

It has been resprayed. The original colour was moonlight blue. The only thing I have to tell me its mystic blue is the code someone wrote on the label in the boot. If people know it to be a certain shade then great.

Its blue to me!

Moving on...

at first i too thought that it was ABP or some other blue,but these 2 pics show the purple-tinge that mystic blue has

IMG_1649.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

.... well Bluey purple :lol: :lol:

I cant see the pics cos im at work, but whatever colour it is it sure sounds like you like it 8)

both actually have a purple tone - my ABP looks very purple in some lights - regardless its a great colour - and it could well have been sprayed mys blue or somewhere inbetween

Real nice car mate, looks very clean. Also, liking the RH's. Nice spec as well.

(Looks red to me! - Time to move on isn't it?!!!)

What's the plans????

The first couple of jobs I think will be a HID light setup and hopefully TT aero blades.

Medium to long term plans maybe - Lower a bit more (is 40mm lower at the mo),

I want to get hold of a 2nd centre console so I can cut it about to fit a touch screen to control stereo, sat nav, radio etc.

Engine playing maybe if money allows?

Moving on...

You'll just have to accept that anal retentiveness go hand in hand with enthusiasts on forums (especially) like this one - minutiae & small details will occupy us for hours.

But the car does look nice either way :) Welcome to the forum ;)

Moving on...

You'll just have to accept that anal retentiveness go hand in hand with enthusiasts on forums (especially) like this one - minutiae & small details will occupy us for hours.

But the car does look nice either way :) Welcome to the forum ;)

:nono:

"You'll just have to accept that anal retentiveness goes hand in hand......."

Hehe :tongue:

Fair shout guys, guess I'm going to learn alot about my car from you all.

There's an impressive amount of knowledge on this forum. Teach away!

Hi,

Sorry but the bra isn't for sale. I use it for long journeys and as and when my mood takes me.

Believe it or not, Tesco foam upholstery cleaner. Under £2 a can, amazing results. It came up like new. Just rub the lining gently with a cloth after you foam up. Rub too hard and there's a chance of bobbling the lining.

Top stuff!

Well guys,

I thought I would have a go at giving the interior a good clean up. The leather seemed to be in need of some conditioner to replenish the natural oils in it. The rear headrests were the worst, where they get the hot sun all day long.

Last week I used Autoglym leather cleaner to get any little marks and dirt off, to be fair it was pretty good to begin with. I had no patience to buy the Gliptone Leather Care from the internet, couldn't wait for it to arrive. So I bought some Autoglym stuff.

I don't have any previous leather care stuff to compare with but I'm very pleased with Autoglym.

Because the evening was getting late, the camera flash was on. Looking at the pics afterwards it looked like the front seats were a million miles away in colour to the rest of the interior. This is not the case at all, in the day everything looks nice and black.

Hope you like and things are progressing very slowly. Next up is to strip the front end and find the cause of a small water leak

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1690.jpg

IMG_1691.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

IMG_1694.jpg

Today my interior light has decided to flicker and come on when it feels like it :cuckoo:

Any thoughts on a fix or at least what might be causing it to happen?

OMG, your leather is like new!!! I am so envious! Looks great! :D

wow that leather cleaner really works - turns the front seats into RS4/6 ones :lol:

Lol! Magic leather cleaner, not sure it will turn every seat into a RS4/6 item!

I've been so lucky with the condition of the leather when I bought the car last month. Only a couple of tiny marks on it in total. Rear seats look like they've been sat on hardly at all.

Cheers for the good comments guys.