8vMatt

My Rado,VR6 Mystic Blue. Going VEGE diet....

mine did a run on the rollers with cams & before map..... not much less power but not as smooth a profile IIRC. Mine was done @ Stealth & im VERY happy still. By far the best mod..... although coilies & ARBs & strut all in one w/e was smile provocing too :D

are your brakes on yet??

who did ur carriers??

Hope to see your car some day buddy 8)

What sort of power did yours come up with on the rollers then buddy?

Brakes not on yet, just waiting for the carriers to be made after the fellas holiday. He did ask me not to name him as he didn't want the attention from people asking him to make more carriers in the future, sorry.

I agree, I would love to check out your car someday also :salute:

best run of the day was 221bhp (corrected)

Standard exhaust, with cat. Paper filter. no other mods at all.

It did a run with a BMC.... sounded lovely but made no change..... Ive since added a Carbonio induction kit & even if it makes no power change im happy cos it sounds like heaven!!

Fair play to your brake man... I am sorted like but was keen to know how you found him. If its a mate than no worries :wink: A mate of a mate is doing some for me. Got the message today that they are in CAD and coming on well :D Where did you source your hoses?

221bhp is pretty damn good mate, I would be very happy to have that.

Not sure of any difference with my BMC but the noise is worth having it all day long :norty:

Thats cool on getting your carriers sorted, can't be far off now?

As far as the hoses are concerned, I'm going to try out the Porsche hoses that were still attached to the calipers when I bought them. Should be good and the threaded end is universal :clap:

Cheers dude.

Wow, nothing done to my car in the last 3 months :gag: Sort of lost a bit of enthusiasm in doing car stuff recently. Been concentrating on my T4 making it a camper for a weeks camping last week. I think my love for doing stuff to the C is coming back again now just as this happens :censored:

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

A bloody bin lorry decided to reverse up our hill and turn next to the car, its front end swiped the bumper and gouged a chunk and scraped that lovely mess you can see. At least the council's insurance has admitted liability straight away and want to get it repaired as soon as poss. Looks like a new bumper please, I've spoken to a very good repair place about the job and they state a new bumper would be close to £500 :nuts:

I'm hopeful to put some pennies to the repair and get some other little bits and bobs sorted at the same time. No full respray for me :cry:

Unfortunately I had to sell off the new head and bits I bought for the fitment, a shame but I couldn't avoid it. Would of loved to see what it was like :grin:

I'll update things when I find out more about the upcoming repair :salute: Oh yeah the insurance people tell me I can have a hire car for the duration of the repair, I said I wasn't too interested if it was some crappy 1.0 French rubbish :pukeright: They tell me it would be a comparable size car and engine. There's not too many new small coupes with big engines these days. What do you think they could offer? :scratch: Would love to have a Rocco but surely they wouldn't splash out on one of those would they? :norty:

That is shocking Matt! Atleast they have accepted liability quickly and a £500 pay out will be nice :)

with regards to the hire car situation, have you not thought about a certain audi with a 3.2 quattro lump in it?? Just a thought :D

Cheers for the support guys, shows how good a club this is.

Chris- surely one of those Audi's would be beyond a normal hire car cost? I don't know, not been in this position before. That would be so good though to get something like that. I don't want to build up my hopes and be sorely let down by an average thing!

Cheers for the support guys, shows how good a club this is.

Chris- surely one of those Audi's would be beyond a normal hire car cost? I don't know, not been in this position before. That would be so good though to get something like that. I don't want to build up my hopes and be sorely let down by an average thing!

lol yeah it's probably a long shot :D

That is shocking Matt! Atleast they have accepted liability quickly and a £500 pay out will be nice :)

Oh yeah Chris, its not a £500 payout. Thats just the material cost of the rear bumper! ! !

Oh yeah Chris, its not a £500 payout. Thats just the material cost of the rear bumper! ! !

sorry I didn't mean pay out I meant cash to spend on tidying the car up. I could have done with a bumper graze when I had my old rado.

Sorry to see that mate but at least you should have no probs with the Councils insurance. Maybe you could consider cutting out the exhaust surround & fitting it to your new bumber to give you twin outlets :)

I saw this done on a rado I went to view one time 8)

Unlucky mate, why not speak to the body shop, if your bumper is pooped, pick up a decent 2nd hand one cheap, then the payout could be used to paint any other bits you want doing :wink:

Thanks again guys.

Erm... Not too keen on the 2 exhaust outlets I'm afraid Dan, not my sort of look I would go for. Plus extra pennies for the backbox.

Might be worth looking into the secondhand bumper but need to find out what the insurance would say. As Nath suggested, does anyone think the insurance would look into making it a Cat D? As the repair looks to be about a grand and the hire car could be £3-4-500? They might look at the book value and start thinking along those lines etc? Hope not, as the car is worth a hell of a lot more than that.

Ideas as I don't want to think the worst?

no matter how you look at it, it ain't good! would have been good to keep it out of insurance! is there damage beyond the bumper? second hand bumper and paint isn't going to cost you a grand! drive round with it as is until bumpers ready and then change over no hire car needed.. i would suggest trying to get a settlement with the bin men and doing it yourself!

I'm pretty sure any insurance company would be happy to pay out less, if the cost is, say £1500 to repair, say you'll accept £1000 and you'll get it sorted yourself, secondhand bumper and a bottom respray at least in that :wink:

The council's insurance company can't write your car off, they will only do that if it's not repairable or you requested money for the car instead (if it's less or equal to the value of the car). How are the brakes coming along ?

no matter how you look at it, it ain't good! would have been good to keep it out of insurance! is there damage beyond the bumper? second hand bumper and paint isn't going to cost you a grand! drive round with it as is until bumpers ready and then change over no hire car needed.. i would suggest trying to get a settlement with the bin men and doing it yourself!

+1

My old car got hit by a M&S lorry while parked at home, the other party admitted full liability and the full cost of repair was recovered at their side with no loss of my no claim bonus, yet my insurance premium still increased by @£120 the next year. :censored: :censored: :censored:

Good luck with yours, hope you get it sorted soon!

The council's insurance company can't write your car off, they will only do that if it's not repairable or you requested money for the car instead (if it's less or equal to the value of the car). How are the brakes coming along ?

Thats a relief to know Kip, I did have a few thoughts about asking for the cash, would come in very handy :norty:

Hmm.......brakes. Well with getting the van kitted out like a camper, MOTing the van and going on our camping trip we just haven't had any spare time to even look at starting them. Have bought the brake fluid though :nuts: Oh and picked up an ABS sensor for the front to change at the same time.

The rado hasn't got sn agreed value so they will look at ghier possibilities and the book price if the car so if the repair is more than the book price they could write it off....

The rado hasn't got sn agreed value so they will look at ghier possibilities and the book price if the car so if the repair is more than the book price they could write it off....

Wow, you know how to cheer a bloke up! Well whatever the insurance decide on, I'll keep the car and get it repaired to its great former condition.

Ooo, might get a chance to fit my new brakes tomorrow. Should be interesting as I'll be doing the work myself and my mechanic brother watching over me!

nice to see you today mate uprated brakes look spot on ,definately something i would like to do . proper stopping power !. by the way the vr is discusting and needs a proper clean you should be ashamed of yourself perading round in a filthy c like that, get on with it man , your letting the side down :lol: :lol: :lol: