Sign in to follow this  
Swompy

Swompy's Ice grey violet. Now gone to a new home

Something shiney will be going on tomorow :D

Watch this space 8)

Wax or something more metallic :wink:

Its not shiney persay but better looking that what I have now :D

Wax and all the stuff will be coming over the weekend too ready for coleford 8)

Polished Est :ignore:

No but hopefully soon there will be some :D

A polished bee-sting aerial? :lol:

HAha no If I was going to do anything with the aerial I would proably have it removed and smoothed over, like Grahams VR at DG, looks really good :luvlove:

No your all wrong but sunshine would be good and a foil bra could be interesting 8)

No your all wrong but sunshine would be good and a foil bra could be interesting 8)

Hows about tin underpants?

G60 Front Calipers and Discs?

Ian.

No not yet, I need to track down my calipers I sent to be refuerbished, which the RM has lost :bad-words:

What I have had done you can see below 8)

100326_101641.jpg

100326_104755.jpg

100326_122649.jpg

100326_133419.jpg

I had the powder coated inlet manifold, rocker cover and a KR cam put in today :D

Along with a few degrees of ignition timing and adjustments to the fueling.

Car is alot smoother through out the rev range and picks up alot quicker whilst in gear.

Big thanks to Graham at DG once agoin for the great work :notworthy:

Also Thanks to Dave for breakfast/dinner :D

Oh and was nie to meet OSV today too :wave:

Now what do I want doing :confused4: :scratch: :lol:

That looks great, Jake 8) Get yourself a new expansion tank + a battery cover, will make a real difference for not a lot of money ;)

That looks great, Jake 8) Get yourself a new expansion tank + a battery cover, will make a real difference for not a lot of money ;)

Thanks Andy :D

I might have to do that at some point but the rest of the block is looking really dirty now :(

Get some degreaser and leave soaking in for a while and then steam clean. Will come up a treat :)

Get some degreaser and leave soaking in for a while and then steam clean. Will come up a treat :)

That sounds cheaper than what I was thinking about 8) :lol:

So here begins the slippery slope to blingness :lol: looking good Jake!

So here begins the slippery slope to blingness :lol: looking good Jake!

Thanks guys

Some how I dont think I will ever get it as clean as yours but there is no harm in trying :D

i got some whining noises that i think where coming from the chain when i performed the cam change :? , any strange noises?

i got some whining noises that i think where coming from the chain when i performed the cam change :? , any strange noises?

No not from the chains

But I have got a whining coming from one of the belts cant seam to work out which one or how to stop it

No not from the chains

But I have got a whining coming from one of the belts cant seam to work out which one or how to stop it

i found that the bottom wheels had eaten away at the cam cover and it was making some awful noises when i put them back on again, had to get a new one!

i thought the noises where coming from a pulley wheel or tentioner but after greasing and fiddling i figured it had to be the chain, its hard to tell over the engine noise but it gets louder with increased rpm, kinda sounds like a super charger ( not that im proud of it 8) )

No not from the chains

i found that the bottom wheels had eaten away at the cam cover and it was making some awful noises when i put them back on again, had to get a new one!

i thought the noises where coming from a pulley wheel or tentioner but after greasing and fiddling i figured it had to be the chain, its hard to tell over the engine noise but it gets louder with increased rpm, kinda sounds like a super charger ( not that im proud of it 8) )

Must be a different whinning then as the noise I get you can only hear it at really low revs or at idle.

and is deffo the belts, might try the talcum powder technique to see if that helps tomorow