Sign in to follow this  
swiftkid

F***in insurance!!!

A word of warning. DON'T insure a car with future mods declared. If it get's nicked or you're in an accident and the mods aren't fitted you may well not be covered. It works the same way as not declaring mods you do have fitted. You need to chnage the mods on the insurance each time you fit or remove them (and normally pay an effing admin fee). It's a pain in the balls but if you don't play by their rules you'll pay for it if the need to claim arises.

nick

I'm with Brentacre, more than £100 cheaper than AF, and I haggled the AF quote down a lot. They have a 'BHP limit' where you don't have to keep altering your policy until it goes over a set BHP.

And yes, when I called HIC, I was put through to the AF automated system :cuckoo: so must be same company...

i was just thankful that it was only a hundred bucks more than my gti 8v.... yeh my insurance is a bitch cos i never got no claims from being on mums policy, and theres the small matter of the 3 points for being heavy footed

Although it cost me a lot, I got my own insurance as soon as I passed for that reason. Now I've got 4 yrs NC it's making it slightly cheaper to insure silly cars like G60s!

Even in your circumstances, seems massive cost for a 16V.