Sign in to follow this  
psiburr

quick question, what's this ?

can anyone tell me what this is for ? i've noticed the wire pointed to has become disconected but 've not noticed anything change or go wrong with the car :confused4:

Thats the plug for your lambda probe, looks like the signal wire has come away.

You can splice another connector on from another car (corrado/passat etc) or trim back the plastic around the connection and solder the wire back in.

Neil.

thanks Riley, what would the wire thats disconected do ? it must be very subtle for me not to have noticed anything !?

can anyone tell me what difference would there be to the running of my G60 with the wire on the right (arrowed) being disconected ? She's been running a bit rich (petrol smell sometimes) would this duff plug be the cause ? I thought it may be because it was re-mapped for a no cat set up then transplanted into mine with a cat in place ?!

unless am very much mistaken a diconnected lambda would make it run rich, get it connected asap

unless am very much mistaken a diconnected lambda would make it run rich, get it connected asap

aide is correct. It will run rich. The same thing happened to my 16V. Damn thing kept blowing the fuel pump fuse. I had to splice a new plug on the end to fix it. Ran much better after that. And don't forget to connect the earth wire too.